50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help! what should I do?

Long story short, I met my husband while he was staying at a relatives house. We got married 3 months after we met. I had my 2nd child 4 months before I met him w/my exboyfriend. I broke up w/my exboyfriend b/c it was a terrible abusive relationship for 5 years. Anyways I met my husband,fell in love with him. He gives me everything I need and he makes me happy. We have been married for 3 years and everything is good with us. He is the only man that I have been with that treats me good.
    We had a hearing in November and December and the judge denied our case. Our case is like a freakin big mess. In November they didn't give us a decision. They thought that my husband was lying about being a doctor in Cambodia. He was a doctor in Cambodia. The attorney for the government thinks that he only used that title to make himself look good but that's not true. They were supposed to send his diploma to Cambodia to get it authenticated (and believe me it is authentic) and she didn't. Her excuse was that she tried to fax it and couldn't reach anyone. Okay, she had 30 days to do this.It seems like she wasn't even going to look into the diploma.
    A second thing:
    Before I met my husband, I guess he met a guy that was the brother of his friend in Cambodia who told him to apply for asylum. So he applied for asylum which was a very bad idea! My husband didn't tell me much about the asylum that file earlier. Well the attorney for the government asked me questions about the asylum and I don't really know much about it. We also filed an application to remove the asylum that we were instructed by our attorney that we paid a lot of money for who doesn't even speak english well and doesn't even know how to represent us. My husband does speak good english. Anyways, We asked our attorney if it was okay to start a business in California and have my husband go there first and run the business bc I don't have family members there and I want to be around my family bc I do have two young children and I want our business to do good before I move there. We just started our business last August. The business is in my husbands name and my husband lives with his friend. I know the name of the business but I didn't know the address and i don't know his freinds name nor do I know the phone number of the business by heart. I only remember my husbands celly# by heart. I provided a lot of proof to them. We do our income tax together. Our bank account is together. Everything is together besides our business and that's because we don't want to ruin both our credit if our business fails. Anyways. I went to the second hearing in December. They didnt ask any questions, they just gave us a verdict. They did ask our lawyer a question but he gave a really dumb answer. I don't even understand what the lawyer says sometimes.
    My husband was also traveling to Texas to visit some friends and he slipped and fell while he was in the airport in Atlanta, GA. He was in a coma for a week. Was hospitalized for 3 weeks. I was not traveling w/him bc i had to work. His friend went w/him and was listed as his emergency contact. He was not aware of that bc he was unconscious and in a coma. He said that the doctor listed his friend as his emergency contact.
    Anyways they denied our case bc they do not think that it is a bonafide marriage bc:
    1. i was not his emergency contact(but the reason for that was bc his friend was travelling w/him and was at the hospital while I was working. We live in Massachusetts.
    2. I didn't know the address of the business and the phone number. (Honestly I dont know the address. I know its in Los Angeles and the phone number I dont know by heart)
    3. I don't know the name of the person he stays with. I know he stays w/his friend when he is in CA but I didn't know his name before.
    Anyways we have an option of appeal. We just filed an appeal and fired our old lawyer and got a new lawyer who is supposed to be really good. Help any suggestions???I am depressed. I feel bad for my husband...=( I'm thinking about moving to CA with him but I really don't want to leave my mom....I need to stay here and help my mom out! shje will not move to CA.

Long story short, I met my husband while he was staying at a relatives house. We got married 3 months after we met. I had my 2nd child 4 months before I met him w/my exboyfriend. I broke up w/my exboyfriend b/c it was a terrible abusive relationship for 5 years. Anyways I met my husband,fell in love with him. He gives me everything I need and he makes me happy. We have been married for 3 years and everything is good with us. He is the only man that I have been with that treats me good.
    We had a hearing in November and December and the judge denied our case. Our case is like a freakin big mess. In November they didn't give us a decision. They thought that my husband was lying about being a doctor in Cambodia. He was a doctor in Cambodia. The attorney for the government thinks that he only used that title to make himself look good but that's not true. They were supposed to send his diploma to Cambodia to get it authenticated (and believe me it is authentic) and she didn't. Her excuse was that she tried to fax it and couldn't reach anyone. Okay, she had 30 days to do this.It seems like she wasn't even going to look into the diploma.
    A second thing:
    Before I met my husband, I guess he met a guy that was the brother of his friend in Cambodia who told him to apply for asylum. So he applied for asylum which was a very bad idea! My husband didn't tell me much about the asylum that file earlier. Well the attorney for the government asked me questions about the asylum and I don't really know much about it. We also filed an application to remove the asylum that we were instructed by our attorney that we paid a lot of money for who doesn't even speak english well and doesn't even know how to represent us. My husband does speak good english. Anyways, We asked our attorney if it was okay to start a business in California and have my husband go there first and run the business bc I don't have family members there and I want to be around my family bc I do have two young children and I want our business to do good before I move there. We just started our business last August. The business is in my husbands name and my husband lives with his friend. I know the name of the business but I didn't know the address and i don't know his freinds name nor do I know the phone number of the business by heart. I only remember my husbands celly# by heart. I provided a lot of proof to them. We do our income tax together. Our bank account is together. Everything is together besides our business and that's because we don't want to ruin both our credit if our business fails. Anyways. I went to the second hearing in December. They didnt ask any questions, they just gave us a verdict. They did ask our lawyer a question but he gave a really dumb answer. I don't even understand what the lawyer says sometimes.
    My husband was also traveling to Texas to visit some friends and he slipped and fell while he was in the airport in Atlanta, GA. He was in a coma for a week. Was hospitalized for 3 weeks. I was not traveling w/him bc i had to work. His friend went w/him and was listed as his emergency contact. He was not aware of that bc he was unconscious and in a coma. He said that the doctor listed his friend as his emergency contact.
    Anyways they denied our case bc they do not think that it is a bonafide marriage bc:
    1. i was not his emergency contact(but the reason for that was bc his friend was travelling w/him and was at the hospital while I was working. We live in Massachusetts.
    2. I didn't know the address of the business and the phone number. (Honestly I dont know the address. I know its in Los Angeles and the phone number I dont know by heart)
    3. I don't know the name of the person he stays with. I know he stays w/his friend when he is in CA but I didn't know his name before.
    Anyways we have an option of appeal. We just filed an appeal and fired our old lawyer and got a new lawyer who is supposed to be really good. Help any suggestions???I am depressed. I feel bad for my husband...=( I'm thinking about moving to CA with him but I really don't want to leave my mom....I need to stay here and help my mom out! shje will not move to CA.