50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 319(b) and processing times

I was wondering if anyone had advice on filing under 319(b). I'm looking for an office where to have the interview/oath. If I'm filing under 319(b) from overseas, will they accomodate an interview and oath ceremony on the same day? or close without too much wait so I don't have to wait around or fly back later. Or am I better off applying in Baltimore where they have same day oath ceremony. However, they say they have a year wait. I'm trying to apply at what appears to be the office with the shortest processing times.

Thanks for any advice.

I was wondering if anyone had advice on filing under 319(b). I'm looking for an office where to have the interview/oath. If I'm filing under 319(b) from overseas, will they accomodate an interview and oath ceremony on the same day? or close without too much wait so I don't have to wait around or fly back later. Or am I better off applying in Baltimore where they have same day oath ceremony. However, they say they have a year wait. I'm trying to apply at what appears to be the office with the shortest processing times.

Thanks for any advice.

Expedited Naturalization under INA section 319(b)

You may be able to naturalize without having resided in the United States for three years if you are married to a US citizen who is stationed abroad for work with an American company, an international organization, or a religious organization with a presence in the United States. This is sometimes called "expedited" naturalization and is authorized under section 319(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Your spouse must be "regularly stationed" abroad for you to qualify under this section. Citizenship and Immigration Services has interpreted that to mean that your spouse is contracted to work abroad for at least a year from the time of your interview. After your spouse's overseas employment ends, you must intend to take up residence in United States.

Procedure
    Once you have become a permanent resident (for example, by entering the United States with an immigrant visa), you may apply for naturalization under 319(b) in any part of the country. You select a District Office where you would like to naturalize and file the application with the CIS Service Center that has jurisdiction over that office. For the Vermont Service Center, which covers most of the East Coast, Boston and Baltimore have been good choices because they have been able to schedule expedited naturalization interviews relatively quickly, perhaps in 3-4 months, if not sooner.

After filing the N-400 application, you will be able to do your fingerprints at a US Embassy or Consulate near you. You have to return to the United States for the interview and the oath ceremony.

see: http://www.pjclaw.net/citizenship/319b.html

Wish you good luck!

Hope there are others on this board who could answer your questions about place, timing and etc.

E.

Thanks for the info... Just got the finger prints from my Military Police station, so my app is basically ready to be submitted.

BAsed on the info you provided, Baltimore MD might be a good choice.

You are welcome.

Just keep in mind the disclaimer from Law Office website:

Legal Disclaimer

"The information presented on this site is general in nature and is not intended as legal advice. If you have questions concerning your particular situation, please consult a lawyer.

Despite our best efforts to keep the information on this site current, some of the information may have become outdated because of the constantly changing nature of immigration law. Please consult an attorney to make sure you have the most up-to-date assessment on your case.
    http://www.pjclaw.net"

Good luck!
    E.