Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-551 renewal

Hello there!

I'm currently reaching the point where I need to file for my I-551 renewal (for the 10 year PRC), having been in the States for 18 months. Can any of you good people point me in the right direction? Is it simply a re-filing of the initial paperwork, or a completely different form?
    Many thanks in advance.

Hello there!

I'm currently reaching the point where I need to file for my I-551 renewal (for the 10 year PRC), having been in the States for 18 months. Can any of you good people point me in the right direction? Is it simply a re-filing of the initial paperwork, or a completely different form?
    Many thanks in advance.

Please use immigration Form I-90. Nothing else.

Thanks for the quick response. I've done a bit of searching around, and I would have thought it was the I-751? I think I was a little unclear in my original post; I currently have the conditional 2 year LPR card, expiring in April 2008. Apologies if I'm completely barking up the wrong tree! I was also wondering when would be a good time to file. Is it too soon to file now?

or I-751 if you now have 2 year conditional GC ( married to USC and when you had AOS interview or entered the USA you had been married less than 2 years).

If you provide more info we wouldn't have to guess...

you can file I-751 within the 90 days of the GC's expiration date.

OK, so to clarify, I was married to a USC when I went for my AOS interview, and was approved for a 2 yr conditional GC. We're still married, all is well, supporting material all in order, bills, bank account etc. The conditional GC expires in April 2008. I'm hoping it's a simple (though no doubt expensive) process to submit all the relevant material. I would just like to make sure I'm on the right lines. Our original petition was completed with an attorney, but I feel (and correct me if I'm wrong) that an attorney would be unnecessary here. It might help that my wife is currently in Law School(!)

Aneri, do you mean that I could file I-751 up to 90 days AFTER the current GC expires? And could I also file more than 90 days before expiry? I would like to file ASAP, but I imagine 6 months might be a little too soon.
    Thanks in advance.

if your card expires in April 2008, you should submit the form and supporting documents within 90 days prior to the expiration date. So, from XX January 08 until the card expires. If you file earlier ( more than 90 days, or in Dec 07) it will be rejected.

Based on what you said, I don't think you need a lwayer. It is a simple form, and you have to gather the evidence yourself anyway.

Read the form I-751 AND instructions; and if you have questions you can always ask people here.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help.

All the best,
    J

Haste makes waste. When I saw the the expiring 10-year GC, I-90 came to mind. I do apologize.