50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: ss question...help!!!

hi guys can you please help me? like i said i applied for my employment authorization card and it got lost in the mail,anyways i have my alien number...can I go to the SS toapply for one with that number or do I need the card?
    I appreciate all your help,Im confused!
    Thanks.

hi guys can you please help me? like i said i applied for my employment authorization card and it got lost in the mail,anyways i have my alien number...can I go to the SS toapply for one with that number or do I need the card?
    Thanks.

You have to have either the green card, I-551 stamp, A nonimmigrant visa the allows for employment without an EAD or an EAD

The application got lost in the mail, or the EAD? Do you have a NOA on the EAD showing it was approved?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Thanks.
    If you have your approval letter from USCIS, then you might be able to get your SS card. I would contact the SSA Customer Service at 1-800-772-1213 for more information. They would require a photo id, ie passport, to get your card. However, unless you have that EAD, employment may be hard to get. Most employers now require that card or stamp in your passport before they consider you. Furthermore, if it has been more than 30 days since it was mailed. use the infopass to setup an appointment to get you a temporary EAD until the card arrives. With identity theft on the rise with immigrants who apply for an EAd, you need to be prudent when it is lost or stolen (which is not the case in your situation).
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre