50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: US Immigrant overstayed in Philippines for almost 3 years

I used to live w/ my sister in California. There were things I didn't expect I will experience living w/ her & her husband. It's a very long sad, hateful story but I just want to go on... afterall I've had my life back.

My situation then was incredibly unacceptable... I was her robot... I had no privacy... she doesn't let me make friends especially w/ other Filipinos. My sister is so different from who I knew she was & I don't think I even knew her at all after living w/ her. I didn't want to live with them anymore because they've been controlling everything. They totally took advantage of my naiveness & obedience. I didn't feel I was living at all w/ them. It's like I existed but I wasn't really living. I get up at 6:00 AM clean the house & do the gardening... go to work from 8-5 PM then go to school from 6-11 PM. And then work again on their homebased business... do my homework & sleep around 3:00 AM & wake up again.... On weekends I cook most of the time for the whole week entree's & then do the housecleaning jobs & rest in front of the computer updating the databases on their Internet based business. I was always exhausted & I didn't have any outlet but writing. And since I didn't have privacy either she read one of my notes... & knew all the heartaches I've never told her & then she's mad again. But the thing is you can't talk to her either abt it. It was just too much for me to handle. I didn't know what else to do. I wanted to have my own apartment & before I knew she already found one near their house I didn't agree & then she's mad again. I couldn't take it all so I decided to leave but before it happened she knew abt it & my next option was to go back to Philippines & come back to US again. But she didn't let me. She forced me to sign a piece of paper she constructed stating that I'm abandoning my intent to remain in US. I wasn't expecting she'll have something like that prepared. She was so mad at me & I hated all her nasty treatments. She's so mean to me. I'm sorry but she really is. And yes, I was so stupid I signed that paper!

After almost three years she told our other sister that she didn't really forwarded the letter to the Immigration. Of course, our other sister told me abt it. I didn't know what else to feel... Was I angry? Maybe...I just can't imagine that my own sister can do that to me. I wasted almost three years of opportunity. And so, I immediately went to the US Embassy & asked what I should do. Of course I didn't tell them the long story. I knew I had to re-apply for another Visa. It was just unbelievable to go back to zero again.... So I seeked for other possible options. My brother introduced me to this guy who has connections with the US Immigration in the Philippines. I paid under-the-table 10,000.00 pesos for them to put a departure stamp on my passport so that it wouldn turn out that I didn't really overstayed in the Philippines for almost three years. There was just one stamp missing. It's the US admission date stamp that's suppose to be in my passport too to show that I really arrived back to US. Luckily, I was able to pass the port-of-entry w/out it. The Immigration officer didn't look on the pages of my passport he just stamped it with a new admission date & wished me good luck & my baby (I was 8 mos. pregnant then)

My concern is, I want to apply for citizenship but I'm afraid they'll discover I am missing one of those stamps & get deported. I am also sending most of my salary to my family in the Philippines. I am not established yet & really don't have that much money to consult with an attorney. I would appreciate any information that would help. Thank you for your time & May God Bless you too.

I used to live w/ my sister in California. There were things I didn't expect I will experience living w/ her & her husband. It's a very long sad, hateful story but I just want to go on... afterall I've had my life back.

My situation then was incredibly unacceptable... I was her robot... I had no privacy... she doesn't let me make friends especially w/ other Filipinos. My sister is so different from who I knew she was & I don't think I even knew her at all after living w/ her. I didn't want to live with them anymore because they've been controlling everything. They totally took advantage of my naiveness & obedience. I didn't feel I was living at all w/ them. It's like I existed but I wasn't really living. I get up at 6:00 AM clean the house & do the gardening... go to work from 8-5 PM then go to school from 6-11 PM. And then work again on their homebased business... do my homework & sleep around 3:00 AM & wake up again.... On weekends I cook most of the time for the whole week entree's & then do the housecleaning jobs & rest in front of the computer updating the databases on their Internet based business. I was always exhausted & I didn't have any outlet but writing. And since I didn't have privacy either she read one of my notes... & knew all the heartaches I've never told her & then she's mad again. But the thing is you can't talk to her either abt it. It was just too much for me to handle. I didn't know what else to do. I wanted to have my own apartment & before I knew she already found one near their house I didn't agree & then she's mad again. I couldn't take it all so I decided to leave but before it happened she knew abt it & my next option was to go back to Philippines & come back to US again. But she didn't let me. She forced me to sign a piece of paper she constructed stating that I'm abandoning my intent to remain in US. I wasn't expecting she'll have something like that prepared. She was so mad at me & I hated all her nasty treatments. She's so mean to me. I'm sorry but she really is. And yes, I was so stupid I signed that paper!

After almost three years she told our other sister that she didn't really forwarded the letter to the Immigration. Of course, our other sister told me abt it. I didn't know what else to feel... Was I angry? Maybe...I just can't imagine that my own sister can do that to me. I wasted almost three years of opportunity. And so, I immediately went to the US Embassy & asked what I should do. Of course I didn't tell them the long story. I knew I had to re-apply for another Visa. It was just unbelievable to go back to zero again.... So I seeked for other possible options. My brother introduced me to this guy who has connections with the US Immigration in the Philippines. I paid under-the-table 10,000.00 pesos for them to put a departure stamp on my passport so that it wouldn turn out that I didn't really overstayed in the Philippines for almost three years. There was just one stamp missing. It's the US admission date stamp that's suppose to be in my passport too to show that I really arrived back to US. Luckily, I was able to pass the port-of-entry w/out it. The Immigration officer didn't look on the pages of my passport he just stamped it with a new admission date & wished me good luck & my baby (I was 8 mos. pregnant then)

My concern is, I want to apply for citizenship but I'm afraid they'll discover I am missing one of those stamps & get deported. I am also sending most of my salary to my family in the Philippines. I am not established yet & really don't have that much money to consult with an attorney. I would appreciate any information that would help. Thank you for your time & May God Bless you too.

I've been checking this post everyday hoping to see someone may have something to say that can help...

So far, nobody seem to know abt this case...
    Does this mean I may not have a chance to be a US Citizen at all?

If I marry a Canadian citizen being a US Immigrant. Would that be a good move?

We cannot be part of a guessing game of the outcome of your case as it seems to be unique hence, you're not getting any responses from this forum.
    There are some lawyers who offer free consultation on your first visit or iniitial consultation and they are in a better position to advise you on your case.Try these lawyers first or try other fora.
    I cannot understand why you have to recourse to that plan of marrying a Canadian immigrant
    (a USC probably) just to stay here in the US when you have a family in the Philippines(?) America is not everything, there is life after confronting a crisis or maybe it is not even a crisis so why not try filing for naturalization anyway? Just the same there is no substitute in confronting problem heads on.Try to simplify the problem rather than making it more complex.Good luck anyway, kabayan, kailian,kabalen,