50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: k3 or I-130

My I-130 was approved a week or so ago, and I just got my k-3 approval notice.

Now, are the odds good that both will get to the consulate in ecuador at the same time? If that happens, the consulate will stop processing my k3 visa, right?

What steps do I need to take for my wife to get her work permission (what is it called? )? How long does that process take?

Also, her kid's I-130's were approved also, but do they need a separate interview?

thanks.

My I-130 was approved a week or so ago, and I just got my k-3 approval notice.

Now, are the odds good that both will get to the consulate in ecuador at the same time? If that happens, the consulate will stop processing my k3 visa, right?

What steps do I need to take for my wife to get her work permission (what is it called? )? How long does that process take?

Also, her kid's I-130's were approved also, but do they need a separate interview?

thanks.

IMHO, I-130 route will save you hassles of going to INS here, even if takes a little longer.

it will take 6months from approval of the I-130, although this is a much better route to take, a lot of us just want our wives home, this has been happening quite frequently lately, both approvals being in or around a week of each other, the K-3 is a much quicker route to take, i have explored this situation quite lengthy as i am in the same situation as yourself, and when i contacted my embassy they said i had to drop the K-3 and go for the 130 as an approved 130 will null a K-3, but i was given some advice and i decided to explore this some more, what i found out was quite interesting, hidden quite deep on the embassy website was a frequently asked question which said 'could you apply for a K-3 visa when an immigrant visa had been approved' the answer was no, if the immigrant visa was at the embassy and the interview had been scheduled. I hope ive helped you a little bit, but it will defintely take 6months at the NVC... they have implemented new changes.

Hi just wanted to say congrats on your approvals, sounds like it is moving along. I hope it all goes as well as possible.