50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Citizenship for Children

My wife is scheduled to get her citizenship soon. She have two kids that are 12th years and 17th years old. We need idea how to file for their citizenship.

My wife is scheduled to get her citizenship soon. She have two kids that are 12th years and 17th years old. We need idea how to file for their citizenship.

She needs to include them as derivative citizens on her application. How long before the 17 year old will turn 18?

Children under 18 will become US citizens automatically by action of law the day she takes Oath. She can apply for children's passport by submitting her Naturalization Certificate. She can also take them to Oath ceremony.

However, she should file N-600 in order to get children's Certificate of Citizenship. This is not required but highly recommended to have Certificate of Citizenship in children’s name.

They aren't your kids? I bet you get divorced soon and have a huge monthly payment.

children ae not material thing like chair or table that you can own. If you give love and care to kids no matter who born them,you will always be in their dream. When they dream, they see you. Most children do look back to people who care for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tak:
    Children under 18 will become US citizens automatically by action of law the day she takes Oath. She can apply for children's passport by submitting her Naturalization Certificate. She can also take them to Oath ceremony.

However, she should file N-600 in order to get children's Certificate of Citizenship. This is not required but highly recommended to have Certificate of Citizenship in children’s name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is good information.