Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February 10 is the day to show that illegals count

hello,

I want to remind everybody that is illegal or everyone who sympathizes with illegals that Monday, February 10, is the day to show this government and country that illegal aliens are very important to the economy of this country. If you are illegal or in anyway sympathize with illegal aliens, PLEASE STAY HOME ON FEBRUARY 10. Do not go anywhere, do not buy anything from anyobdy - retail or online. Just stay home and watch TV, read a book, play with the dog, mow the lawn, mess with your other half in the bedroom, tutor the kids, water the plants, do the laundry, etc. etc. etc. JUST STAY HOME. If we all cooperate, then this country and this government will see how important illegal aliens are to the economy of this country. We understand and realize that some of you will need your salary / wages / income for that day, but a heavy sacrifice on that day could go a long way for your cause. If you will cooperate, please post it on this board, and PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD !!!!

hello,

I want to remind everybody that is illegal or everyone who sympathizes with illegals that Monday, February 10, is the day to show this government and country that illegal aliens are very important to the economy of this country. If you are illegal or in anyway sympathize with illegal aliens, PLEASE STAY HOME ON FEBRUARY 10. Do not go anywhere, do not buy anything from anyobdy - retail or online. Just stay home and watch TV, read a book, play with the dog, mow the lawn, mess with your other half in the bedroom, tutor the kids, water the plants, do the laundry, etc. etc. etc. JUST STAY HOME. If we all cooperate, then this country and this government will see how important illegal aliens are to the economy of this country. We understand and realize that some of you will need your salary / wages / income for that day, but a heavy sacrifice on that day could go a long way for your cause. If you will cooperate, please post it on this board, and PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD !!!!

Probably there are other effective ways we should think of. Like sending emails to lawmakers. Or uniting and funding pro-immigrant organizations.
    If we could somehow bring all pro-immigrant divided organizations under one flag, believe me it is a power. And it can work.
    I have no idea how, but many of us need to take stand not for themselves for families who have been separated, children whose parents are either deported or sent to jail for being illegal, wives and husbands their love is stress tested by PROUD INS and Lawmakers.
    There is list of sufferings from USC spouses that makes a man DRINK and CRY, and it is all "by product" of laws that have been supported from people who claim themselves champion of family unity, democracy and laws.

What planet are you clowns on?
    "oh...these laws are so unfair...blah blah blah"
    the rules are for a reason...anyone home out there?
    Why do you weeping crying whining idiots want to blame INS for the fact that people have broken the laws and therefore (surprise) they don't get the benefit they tried to obtain by BS methods?
    Just because someone is an illegal alien does not relieve them of responsibility. ACcording to you morons, you'd probably let all the criminals out of jail for the same reasons.
    I will go to work Feb 10th as will 99.9999999% of the US....maybe the illegals should stop working that day and go to the airport, buy a ticket home.

Im not saying that I am against your idea but for some odd reason, it seems like you made the immigration thing as if it was a marketing deal. As one of the poster wrote..it is probably more effective to start a petition and send it to our famous lawmakers.
    Honestly, everyone knows how important the immigrants here in this country. I believe 70% of the economy is manifested by the immigrant community. Even our famous lawmakers know the importance of the immigrants even the illegal ones. Why do you think the INS does not go to those farms you see all over california to seek illegal immigrants? They benefit from it, I would say that big portion of our vegetables and fruits are grown and harvested by mostly illegal immigrants...How about those illegal immgrants that acquire fake SSN and work...Where do you think those tax dollars taken out from their paycheck GO? IRS is definitely being quiet about it!!! My friend...don't treat this as if not buying anything or not working for a day will solve any INS problem..in fact it maybe detrimental to their lives...they need money to survive therefore need their work...better yet their job...just keep writing your congress about how you feel and Im sure with all the letters from people like all of us will soon will come to some kind of reaction from the politicians...Good luck!!!

I agree with angel. It is more logical and effective to do it like you have mentioned. GOOD LUCK

I have read all of the posts here, and I must say that I agree wholeheartedly with BitterLuther, and disagree with everyone else. I was also legal for many many years, and just became illegal this month BECAUSE OF INS BUREAUCRACY, and NOT BECAUSE I REFUSED TO TAKE ACTION TO CONTINUE TO BE LEGAL. In fact, I took too much action, writing all my senators and congressmen multiple times, to no avail. So I know all too well what BitterLuther is talking about, and I have alrady convinced about 12 people to cooperate with the February 10 protest.

I too agree with BitterLuther. I am in a situation not of my own choosing. I have tried everything possible and have spent money on 7 immigration lawyers over the years to keep my family legal, but the rotten immigration laws of this country have made it almost impossible. I and a few friends of mine will NOT go to work on February 10.

I have spent lots of money on attorneys and I am yet trying to keep my self legal. I Have been here legally for over 10 years. I think if you could help it do not ever go out of status.
    But the immigration laws are weird they punish people who obey the laws and reward people who break them.

Did you guys mean "January 10"?