50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: DISGUSTED AT FATHER IN LAWS REMARKS

HI I JUST NEED TO VENT SOME ANGER, I WAS TOLD BY MY SISTER IN LAW THAT MY FATHER IN LAW HAS BEEN SAYING THAT I MARRIED MY HUSBAND JUST TO GET A GREEN CARD. THIS IS SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH AND HAS MADE ME FEEL LIKE GOINGBACK HOME TO THE UK. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK OF IMMIGRANTS IN THIS WAY, DO THEY THINK THAT PEOPLE FROM THE UK ARE BENEATH THEM AND ARE COMING HERE IN THE HOPE OF A BETTER LIFE. I TRUELY LOVE MY HUSBAND, WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN 3 MONTHS AND MY ONLY REASON FOR BEING HERE IS THAT I LOVE MY HUSBAND, I DIDNT COME HERE WANTING A GREEN CARD. DO I JUST GO HOME COZ SOMEONE THINKS THIS OF ME, I DONT WANNA BE LOOKED DOWN UPON BY ANYONE AND HAVE JUDGEMENTS MADE AGAINST ME LIKE THIS

HI I JUST NEED TO VENT SOME ANGER, I WAS TOLD BY MY SISTER IN LAW THAT MY FATHER IN LAW HAS BEEN SAYING THAT I MARRIED MY HUSBAND JUST TO GET A GREEN CARD. THIS IS SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH AND HAS MADE ME FEEL LIKE GOINGBACK HOME TO THE UK. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK OF IMMIGRANTS IN THIS WAY, DO THEY THINK THAT PEOPLE FROM THE UK ARE BENEATH THEM AND ARE COMING HERE IN THE HOPE OF A BETTER LIFE. I TRUELY LOVE MY HUSBAND, WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN 3 MONTHS AND MY ONLY REASON FOR BEING HERE IS THAT I LOVE MY HUSBAND, I DIDNT COME HERE WANTING A GREEN CARD. DO I JUST GO HOME COZ SOMEONE THINKS THIS OF ME, I DONT WANNA BE LOOKED DOWN UPON BY ANYONE AND HAVE JUDGEMENTS MADE AGAINST ME LIKE THIS

Let it go..a lot of people think that way. I hope that your husband is on your side on this one.
    Don't go home because of it, it's not worth it!

Ya don't want to be accused of the "me thinks thou dost protest too much" syndrome. If you get that angry over a stupid comment by an ignorant person, people will think you actually do have something to hide.

I agree with Marie. Shake it off and ignore that man. You dont have to have anything to do with him ever if you don't want too.... I feel for ya... my ex mother in law was a real piece of work.

Been there...patience. Prove them wrong. I did.

I was accused of the same thing. I came from a third world country. I cried most of the time, but...I persevered. I went back to school, while working in a fast food restaurant. I never asked my husband for a dime. Now I have a pretty good paying job, and they think I am great.
    Love your husband...ignore your in-laws. Life is too short.
    Good Luck.

I agree with lilian, live your life with your spouse, don't worry about your in-laws if that is what they think. I went through the grief as well, but I couldn't give a darn what they all think. I made something of myself, our quality of life dramatically improved, and all of a sudden, the in-laws are nice. Hmmm, I wonder if they're gonna hit me up for some money now? LoL.

She has posted the same thing three times at that time..she's angry after all...