free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: adjustment of status as a battered spouse

I am filing for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status as a battered spouse.
    I asked different lawyers what forms do I have to fill up and pay and all gave me different answers.
    What I've got from the uscis.gov website is what to pay and what to fill up.
    Can you please tell me if I am correct, I would really apreciate...

I-360 No fee for battered spouse
    I-485 $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80
    G-325 No Fee
    I-765 No fee If you filed a Form I-485
    I-864W Affidavit of Support Exemption for battered spouse $70

I am ready to aplly, ma I right?
    Thank you

I asked different lawyers what forms do I have to fill up and pay and all gave me different answers.

G-325 No Fee

Thank you

Hello monica_x,

Can you Provide More information? Or are you Still Recovering from your Horrible Ordeal? black eyes, bruises, cuts, etc?

You came to the right place dear. just Provide a little more details? The Situation? What Happened? tell Your Story? Thanks.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monica_x:

G-325 No Fee

Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Before I answer, may I ask you a couple of questions. I am assuming you did not receive your conditional green card? And are you currently divorced or in divorce proceedings?

The reason I ask it may alter which forms you should file.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    You are absolutely right on forms and fees which need to be filed/paid in connection with I-360 case. Just to double check the fees, you can go to the link below. Also, given your specific situation it could be very much possible that you might not need to file I-360 if you have conditional status as of now. That's why other poster on here has asked you a specific question about your situation to know if you do need to file I-360 or just I-751.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nat...eeSchedule052907.pdf
    http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-...Guidelines-Final.pdf

In order to make a strong and approvable case, you MUST read/review and follow all the information given in this link to prepare your I-360 case if you should file this petition-

http://www.nwirp.org/Documents...360Self-Petition.pdf

Good luck...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monica_x:

G-325 No Fee

Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you very much for your help.
    I applied for the green card with my ex husband and at the first interview I did not get it since he did not have his divorce paper with him and I believe he did not bring it intentionally with him.
    However he did not want to carry on with the proces and than I had to divorce him since he was very bad to me. He did not beat me but abused me and I had to go to the doctor who prescribed me Prozac and I am still on it
    The doctor is giving me the papers stating my poor mental condition due to my husband behavior.
    I hope this will answer your question.
    All I want to know if the papers I mentioned before to fill up are correct and the fees.
    Again, thank you for your help.

Hudson, I did not get my green card and we don't have any children together.

Thank you very much for your help.
    I applied for the green card with my ex husband and at the first interview I did not get it since he did not have his divorce paper with him and I believe he did not bring it intentionally with him.
    However he did not want to carry on with the proces and than I had to divorce him since he was very bad to me. He did not beat me but abused me and I had to go to the doctor who prescribed me Prozac and I am still on it
    The doctor is giving me the papers stating my poor mental condition due to my husband behavior.
    I hope this will answer your question.
    All I want to know if the papers I mentioned before to fill up are correct and the fees.
    Again, thank you for your help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Then, Sammy is correct. Good luck to you.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

So, I was right with all the papers and fees?
    Thank you

I Would Still Like To Hear The Story.

over One Thousand Here. Care To Share?????
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y