free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problrms with LIFE LEGALIZATION

If you have a problem or a matters relating to Life Legalization, please contact Elizabeth N. Lee
    or Suzy Nguyen at tel 1(202)514- 3228 or you can write to them at:

Office of Adjudications
    immigration & Naturalization Service
    425 I Street NW, Room 3214
    Washington, DC 20536

If you have a problem or a matters relating to Life Legalization, please contact Elizabeth N. Lee
    or Suzy Nguyen at tel 1(202)514- 3228 or you can write to them at:

Office of Adjudications
    immigration & Naturalization Service
    425 I Street NW, Room 3214
    Washington, DC 20536

Hellario:

Have you contacted them and if yes were they helpful to you? I was interviewed almost a year ago and and at that time they seemed satisfied with my file but a year later, still waiting for any response. I have written them twice and still haven't heard from them. Do you think I need to contact these ladies and would they be helpful?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, they are helpful, my attorneys contact them concerning my case and without them my case will be locked inside a dusty closet forever, Those two ladies originally from Vietnam and they like to help Life Legalization applicant; they are responsible for the implementation of the Life Legalization regulation, both of them work for the INS in Washington D, C. If you have problem with your local INS office for any delay or problem concerning your application, then I encourage you to contact them.

Hellario:

Thanks for your reply, I'll try to contact them today regardimg my case. Thanks again for your help and if their is any progress, I'll keep you guys informed.

To AZ:
    You mentioned you had your interview a year ago, and you still waiting for INS response. I have few question, how did you interred the United States for the first time and the second time? What kind of document you gave the INS as a prove you had been here since 1981 and raised in an unlawful way until 1988, Did you try to fill for amnesty back in 1987/88?

Hellario:

I came via Canada without inspection in 1981. I left in 1985 and came back one month later on a studnet visa..So, since 1985, I had all my documents such as transcripts, degrees, bank statements, few utility bills, etc, etc.

I tried to apply for amnesty in 1987/88 but since I had few absences, I was told that I'm not eligible. I applied again in 1990 under LULAC and they just gave me a case # and told me that they will notify me once a decision is made for LULAC applicants. I applied for LIFE in 2001 under LULAC.

Best wishes.

Thank you AZ for sharing you story, I have another question what kind of document you have or you gave the INS about your presence in the United States from the time you entered the U.S through the Canadian border until you came back as a student in 1985. Do you have a prove that you entered Canada.
    When you applied for LULAC back in 1990, did the INS gave you a work card after they gave you
    a case #.
    In case you don't have enough prove from 1981 until 1985, you can provide them with an affidavit from a friend or relative to help your case. The affidavit is on the list of prove the applicant can provide with his/her application.
    Good Luck.

In case the applicant gives the INS officer an affidavit from a friend or relative about his presence in the U.S since 1981, then the INS most likely want to interview the person who sign the affidavit under oath. Good luck to all.

Question: What if such a friend or relative who gave affidavits is overseas?? How then would INS interview this person??

an affidavit from a friend or relative about his presence in the U.S since 1981, then the INS most likely want to interview the person who sign the affidavit under oath