Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some Urgent Advice Friends

Dearest Friends of ILW,

Im very shook up and sad and need a little advice here. I saw on Fox news today, that the BCIS is ordering that all muslims and arabs over the age of 16 are required to re register again with the BCIS as of this month and if they do not, they can face deportation. Now hear my story:
    Ive been seeing an Lebanese Guy for the past year as a boyfriend and we decided to get married, however i was married in the past but separated and i, not knowing how serious the consequences could be didnt divorce my x until recently, and by the law of my state, there is a 6 month wait until finalization.( Kind of like those silly stories u see on daytime soaps only i was a bit young at the time) There are 3 months left until i can marry the man that i DO truly love. The problem is this:
    His student visa expired in August however he is attending college still and will not finish his masters until about april or may, we decided to marry before that time after my divorce is finalized.
    We are worried that if he goes to re register they will see that his visa is expired and he will face deportation
    Or
    If he lets it slide, just so we can marry within the next few months he can also be deported for that (and basically he told me that if hes gone then its over between us because we all know how long distance relations turn out :-(
    Any help or suggestions would be a god send and i appreciate anyones help here! Im on edge!
    Thanks and Blessings

Dearest Friends of ILW,

Im very shook up and sad and need a little advice here. I saw on Fox news today, that the BCIS is ordering that all muslims and arabs over the age of 16 are required to re register again with the BCIS as of this month and if they do not, they can face deportation. Now hear my story:
    Ive been seeing an Lebanese Guy for the past year as a boyfriend and we decided to get married, however i was married in the past but separated and i, not knowing how serious the consequences could be didnt divorce my x until recently, and by the law of my state, there is a 6 month wait until finalization.( Kind of like those silly stories u see on daytime soaps only i was a bit young at the time) There are 3 months left until i can marry the man that i DO truly love. The problem is this:
    His student visa expired in August however he is attending college still and will not finish his masters until about april or may, we decided to marry before that time after my divorce is finalized.
    We are worried that if he goes to re register they will see that his visa is expired and he will face deportation
    Or
    If he lets it slide, just so we can marry within the next few months he can also be deported for that (and basically he told me that if hes gone then its over between us because we all know how long distance relations turn out :-(
    Any help or suggestions would be a god send and i appreciate anyones help here! Im on edge!
    Thanks and Blessings

As far as I know, F-1 visas are "duration of stay" visas, meaning that as long as your boyfriend is attending the school indicated on his I-20 he should be ok. He may want to go to the international students office of his school to see if the school needs to file an amended I-20.

On a personal advice level, his comment about long-distance relationships raises, in my opinion, a red flag. There are people who are married to foreigners and, because of one reason or another, they cannot be in the U.S. at the same time until the immigration paperwork is approved. Yet, their relationships continue. I have met couples where one lived in the U.S. and the other in Western Europe. Frankly, it sounds like emotional blackmail. Again, have him check with his school's foreign students office.

However, I must say that I have not yet heard about another round of registrations. I admit that I do not trust Fox News. In addition, registrations are not usually based on religion, but on country of origin. So, singling out muslims does not sound like the previous special registrations, unless this administration is really going off the deep end (as I suspect they are anyway).

Thanks for the kind reply. I dont want to give off a bad impression, in fact we talked a lot about it before i wrote the post and decided that if he had to leave me then it would be pretty much over because it would probably be incredibly hard for him to come back, and i have to finish my college here and have so many plans here so if i left for his country it would be very hard for us to establish anything especially for myself. My life is in his best interest and he knows if i leave, i will not be able to establish a thing for myself. And i know it wouldnt be easy to get him back here it would be a long complicated process and i just cant deal with that kind of pain. I guess i kind of freaked out after seeing that news segment because i do not know much about immigration. Once again, thanks. Ill do more research about it and talk to the school advisors.

Michael
    I would hope BCIS kicks this guy out of the country. How can we let these people in our country ? America is a Christian nation and these "people" do not share any of our values and beliefs. They are a hateful species who do not know anything of honor, peace, freedom, capitalism and love. They do not belong in civilization.

Michael
    "basically he told me that if hes gone then its over between us"

Ahhh true love ! No green card then its over ! Hey sweetcakes; offer to move with him to his savage country and see how willing he is to marry you. Wake up and pull the Hajib off your eyes !! He is practically admitting to you that all he wants is a green card.

Michael
    "I do not trust Fox News"

Yea right, who do you trust ? CNN ? BBC ? According to them, the Iraqi army defeated the third herd as it was steam rolling into downtown Baghdad while Fox was giving us the right stuff. While all the other networks lied about ALGORE winning the election, ONLY Fox gave us the truth. Fox is by far more accurate than any loeft wing media outlet in every case every timw. Fox - Fair and balanced journalism.

Michael, I hope that you say some of the things that you do because you want to stir people up and not because it's actually how you feel.

Sad, what does it say on his I-94? They usually put date it is good until or they put d/s. If it says d/s then as long as he meets requirements of "duration of stay" as outlined in the law it sounds like he'd be ok. I think that includes still attending the school listed on I-20, etc. I assume they're still doing it the same way as in the past, this is what I was told a few months ago. Here's a link regarding d/s.

http://travel.state.gov/xtension.html

Hey sweeetie, has he got you wearing the veil? IF SO, YOU'RE DONE FOR ALREADY!! Beware of that culture!!

Hello. If you can find the website with this info on it about the BCis. I would like to read about it
    Thanks