50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help with I-130 form Please!

Hi everyone.... hope you can help me on this one.

I just got married to a USC after being together for 4 1/2 years and we've decided to apply for a change of status on our own as we've had bad experiences with some lawyers.

While filling in the I-130 form I got confused when it came to filling in my stuff.

1. Re: "Other names used (including maiden name)"
    I obviously put my maiden name..... but I was married before in my country.. so do I put my previous married name too??

2. Re: "social security number"
    I have one as I had an H-3 visa for 2 years which had expired last year..... so do I put in the number I have?

3. "Alien registration number"
    Should I have one of these?? I've looked through my paperwork but can't seem to find it.

4. Re: "He or she arrived in the US as a"
    As I mentioned earlier I was here on an H-3 visa and it expired last year... my lawyers then applied for a change of status from H-3 to B-2 while I remained in the US... my B2 has also expired in December of last year.... so what shall I write? H-3 or visitor?
    The same goes for the "date arrived" do I put the date of when the B-2 was accepted or when I last actually came into the country??

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone.... hope you can help me on this one.

I just got married to a USC after being together for 4 1/2 years and we've decided to apply for a change of status on our own as we've had bad experiences with some lawyers.

While filling in the I-130 form I got confused when it came to filling in my stuff.

1. Re: "Other names used (including maiden name)"
    I obviously put my maiden name..... but I was married before in my country.. so do I put my previous married name too??

2. Re: "social security number"
    I have one as I had an H-3 visa for 2 years which had expired last year..... so do I put in the number I have?

3. "Alien registration number"
    Should I have one of these?? I've looked through my paperwork but can't seem to find it.

4. Re: "He or she arrived in the US as a"
    As I mentioned earlier I was here on an H-3 visa and it expired last year... my lawyers then applied for a change of status from H-3 to B-2 while I remained in the US... my B2 has also expired in December of last year.... so what shall I write? H-3 or visitor?
    The same goes for the "date arrived" do I put the date of when the B-2 was accepted or when I last actually came into the country??

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately I can not tell you what to write and not on the form but I do have a very good lawyer,if you are interested in it.And he is not expensive!!!If you change your mind e-mail to:immigration_counselor@hotmail.com !!!!Good luck,

Thanks for your response Eli. Who is this lawyer? Can he consult over the internet? Where is he located?

Thanks again

Hi christine,
    This lawyer is located in Manhattan,NY.You can write him az e-mail and he will reply to you.And believe me he is good.
    Thanks to him we did not do something very stupid,advised by other lawyers.
    Good luck!!!