50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: what can i do

had nterview for my citizenship and I passed everything, but they gave me a paper it says a decision couldnt be made now. Additional files.
    they would be notified of a decision by mail. I don't know what do you mean additional file? it is now more than four month pleas give me some advice what i have to do thanks!

had nterview for my citizenship and I passed everything, but they gave me a paper it says a decision couldnt be made now. Additional files.
    they would be notified of a decision by mail. I don't know what do you mean additional file? it is now more than four month pleas give me some advice what i have to do thanks!

Hi Mesay,

You are probably stuck in fingerprint processing. Be patient and good luck.

Mesay, as it has passed 120 days, I would suggest to make an infopass appointment with USCIS and find out if they have any update on your application.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Dear Sprintgirl
    I am off topic, but I just needed to ask you a question, what do you do if you do not want to view posts from certain members , I tried putting them opn my ignore list, but they are still showing up , i believe this board is about helping people with advice in immigration matters, and to many people are using it for their personal bigotry, I saw a post that said Obama the monkey is back, i was so angry at how people have such hate in their hearts.do they review these posts first before posting it.I think posts like those should not make it on the site, and it makes you wonder, who is the moderator and what are his views on racism.

ren: click on the "go" button top left and then "personal zone". Under that menu you'll see "ignore list" You add the username of the person(s) you wish to ignore there.

Mesay: Sprint Girl is right. It's gone more than 120 days since the interview. They are required to give you an answer within 120 days by law. It's possible you may be stuck in the FBI namecheck. If so, you could be waiting a long time. I know, I was stuck in it for more than 2yrs. It could also be they have lost your file or trying to find bits of it. Who knows when it comes to the USCIS LOL.

Try the infopass appt first and see what they say. If all else fails, you have the right to file a Writ of Mandamus which will compel them to act (and they will act!).
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Hi Ren,

Just to be sure, here is how to have posters on ignore.

Click on top left, 'Go' then on drop down menu click 'Personal Zone' then 'Ignore List'.

Once there click 'add users'. Type in search the ID (s) you want to add. The ID or ID's with similar name will come up. Check next to the ID in that little box and then click ' add selected member (s).

You will then have a box of the people who you want to ignore. close window.

Now the problem you may have is that you will still see their ID name on the threads, but not the detailed post.
    The only time you will see their post is if they start a thread. Other than that you should not see any posts by those ID's.

If you want to see what the ignored ID is posting, on the other side of the post should be 'Show Post' click on that. You then also click on 'Hide Post' once read. Not that you would want to anyway.

The problem with ILW is that it IS NOT moderated.
    At one point it was moderated for a short time but Sam who is the owner and supposed moderator doesn't have the time and he doesn't really care what happens here.

As long as there is traffic and people posting, all good for him.

Many people have complained, spoken to him and he always says he will fix things and have it moderated again, either by him or by other people, but he is always one to say things but never follow through. (unfortunately)

There is nothing anyone can do, we just have to put up with the racism, trolling, abusing, bashing of immigrants, and of course those that are only here for pure fun of it and taking out their anger on new members.

If you or anyone would like to take it further and complain direct to Sam Udani of ILW, please PM me and I will give you his phone number, otherwise it is out there online somewhere.

Emailing him or the admin gets nowhere. There is a huge backlog that he still needs to go through.

He told me himself that he doesn't mind members calling him, so feel free to do so.
    I personally think the more that do call him, he will take more notice and finally do something

There are a few known members here that most people try to ignore, but it is the new members unfortunately that are not so aware.
    Let's all try and do our best to make them feel welcome and help them out and not let the few bad ones chase them off

Nice to see you around again Ren
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with ren 100%.

Sorry Brit, was still typing when you posted lol

No probs Sprintie
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."