Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: visit out of country in between citizenship process

hi
    All
    I had apply for the U.S citizenship , had my fingerprint done on 22nd march 2010
    What i would like to know that because of family imergency i might have to travel out of country (India ) for a short time.
    is it possible to do so by reschedual of test and how does it affects your answer abt visits out of country in your citizenship application forms . and you can do that at any stage of process like before test or oath . how long the process can take for residence of pennsylvania.
    do i have to inform imigration dept abt my visit before or after .
    will realy appriciate your response on the topic
    thanks

hi
    All
    I had apply for the U.S citizenship , had my fingerprint done on 22nd march 2010
    What i would like to know that because of family imergency i might have to travel out of country (India ) for a short time.
    is it possible to do so by reschedual of test and how does it affects your answer abt visits out of country in your citizenship application forms . and you can do that at any stage of process like before test or oath . how long the process can take for residence of pennsylvania.
    thanks

If i were you, I would never ever step one inch out of the US soil without my blue passport, simply because you are a Green card holder is not enough to get your a.ss back if something happens between now and then, U are dealing with a concept that tells u have a right but simply have nothing but SHYTTTTTT. My personal thoughts and its all based on how you vision it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jany:
    hi
    All
    thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you just did your fingerprint it will probably take about a month or more to be called for interview so I dont see a problem with travelling if it is an emergency and you have to travel. Now, if there are legal issues then I may think twice about it but if thats an issue you may not get your citizenship anyway. You may put your travel on hold and your citizenship process takes longer than anticipated, you may regret doing this. I know now they are treating green card holders as " visitor" meaning upon returning to the US from traveling abroad they do not have to let you back in. However, I know many green card holders who are law abiding citizens who travel in and out of the country without any problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is it possible to do so by reschedual of test and how does it affects your answer abt visits out of country in your citizenship application forms . and you can do that at any stage of process like before test or oath . how long the process can take for residence of pennsylvania.
    thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    thanks
    You said short trip so I am assuming that means 2-4 wks. It would be unsual to be scheduled for an interview only a few days after getting the letter. You wont have to notify anyone about your trip out of the country but during your interview you can update them. That being said, I would try to make that appt even if you have to make a 2nd trip to India. Your rescheduled apt may be months later. I also asked aerlier about getting a US passport after oath and they say it can be as short as 8 days.