free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend is a beater and a greencarder

i have been dating my boyfriend for 2 years now. we are madly in love, but this week he asked me to marry him. he said it was for a green card. i cant believe it, but its true. he just wants a green card. he has also been beating me for almost 2 years. i want to report him to someone. i dont know who. he beat me in his home country and in america. his last beating was about 7 months ago. is it to late to report him for domestic violence? also who should i report him to about his scam marriage? thanks! also, he stole/borrowed a lot of money from me. i want that back too. any suggestions?

Hi helpmeplease and welcome to ILW,

I am so sorry you have been through this ordeal.

First thing to do is to get out of that relationship quickly. The longer you are around him, the harder it will be to leave and the more harm he can cause.
    Don't marry him, do not let him emotionally blackmail you either, no matter how sorry he will say he is.

Call DVIS..the number is in my signature.

The only way I think you can get money back from him is through the courts. You will need proof of this though..contract? receipts and so on.

If it isn't much though..I would advise you to just leave and forget the money. Your safety and mind is way more important.

I don't think reporting him to anyone about a possible scam marriage will do anything. It will be your word against his.

Please, if anything, speak to DVIS and they will tell you what to do next.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Please ignore Iperson comment. Some people are born mean.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by iperson:
    Lmao, Sprint talking to herself!
    Why did you sign back on this forum, IP? To create more chaos? Go away. No one likes you here, nor the lies and fantasies you create about people. Just please disappear.

100 % dead on correct !!! What a sicko she is

Whether someone is playing games or not, don't you think for a moment that this person could be real and needs help badly!

You guys (IP and SOM) prove how low you really can get on ILW.

You guys (IP and SOM) prove how low you really can get on ILW.
    Ditto!!!!

hahahahahahahah, Priceless, Sprint has so many friends in here! besid that, SOF and IP just got hooked up, hahahahahah'

PS. Sprint, i hate to say this, but the whole story seems to be nothing but SCAM....!

I think iP is SOM and vice versa.

I'm with Sprint. It may be a scam, but it may not. It could actually be a woman in need of real help. Anyone who has one ounce of humanity in them would take it on face value until they know differently.

To the OP, get yourself to a shelter ASAP. There is never any excuse for violence and you need to remove yourself from the situation. They will know how to help you.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Originally posted by helpmeplease:
    i have been dating my boyfriend for 2 years now. we are madly in love, but this week he asked me to marry him. he said it was for a green card. i cant believe it, but its true. he just wants a green card. he has also been beating me for almost 2 years. i want to report him to someone. i dont know who. he beat me in his home country and in america. his last beating was about 7 months ago. is it to late to report him for domestic violence? also who should i report him to about his scam marriage? thanks! also, he stole/borrowed a lot of money from me. i want that back too. any suggestions?
    Hire SOM and IP. Lord only knows they need the money. I am sure they can find ways to help you
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre