50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Is there a way? Fiance...

I got married to a mexican citizen while he was on vacations here...

he went back to mexico to sell his house and take care of all that
    that was last week...
    we got married 5months ago

whats the best/easier/fast way for him to be back?

would it be b1 visa?
    what about fiance visa? does this still work even if we are married already?

TKS GUYS

I got married to a mexican citizen while he was on vacations here...

he went back to mexico to sell his house and take care of all that
    that was last week...
    we got married 5months ago

whats the best/easier/fast way for him to be back?

would it be b1 visa?
    what about fiance visa? does this still work even if we are married already?

TKS GUYS

You are already married, as such Fiance Visa is out of question. If you have already filed petition for him, then he can not get even B Visa. He should also not try to misrepresent at the U.S. Consulate in Maxico. The fastest way is that you should go to Maxico and file petition there at the U.S. Consulate. Under Immediate Relative category your husband should be here in couple of months. If you will petition from here it will take around one year for him to come here. If you will file in Maxico, he will be here in less than 6 months or may be earlier. When he will reach in the United States his passport will be stamped as a Permanent Resident and within approximately 6 months of his arrival he will receive his Green Card.
    Good luck.

I am getting ready to marry a Mexican citenzen and I have been told by the consulate they DO NOT offer direct filing, of I think its the K-3 visa. I was told it has to be filed in the US and then it is sent to the consulate........Please clarify Umesh, The K-3 I think is going to take a long time filing from here. I was told around a year. Please, Please clarify.
    Thank You!!!

There are two types of filing. Double check with a lawyer, but one possibility is for your spouse to enter with immigrant status (this way takes longer) or a newer way should take about as long as the fiance visa does to process, but is non-immigrant status. Once they are here they will need to file an AOS (but they will be here much sooner). The second one is a lesser known process, call around to a few lawyers and set up a consulation with one that suggests this one.

Good Luck!

You could get your Mexican husband here on K-visa. No need to go to Mexico. Read on the INS website. I'm not sure if it is K-2 or K-3 but is for spouses of American citizens and it shouldn't take longer than 6 months. He can apply for that kind of visa at his Consulate and should be able to join you while his papers are in process here. Good luck!