free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: U.S. citizen baby

Hello, everyone,

I need you information about my baby support. I have a nine-month old infant, who is U.S. citizen. My question is what benefit, such as medicare and food stamp, can my baby get and how to apply it?
    My husband lost his job and I am at school. We are not qualitied for unemployment benefit. We need find a way to support our child. Thank you for help.

Hello, everyone,

I need you information about my baby support. I have a nine-month old infant, who is U.S. citizen. My question is what benefit, such as medicare and food stamp, can my baby get and how to apply it?
    My husband lost his job and I am at school. We are not qualitied for unemployment benefit. We need find a way to support our child. Thank you for help.

What is your status, and your spouse's? It would not necessarily pose a hardship on such a young child to go to his/her parents' homeland, so pursuing benefits when the parents are not here legally may be difficult. Can you give us more details?

First thing First....What state are you in? if in Cal, then the family are entitled to many benefits under the welfare program. The social Service department are very concern about the baby therefore medical benefits and food will be provided.
    Don't get me wrong but I'm slighly skeptical, You are seeking advice in a board where topic is regards to INS issues...my skeptisism is...are you and/or your husband illegally here?

Good luck and please take good care of your precious baby!!!

The child as a U.S. citizen has every benefit available to her/him that is provided by state and federal law. If you're legal residents, some benefits may be available to you as well. If you're out of status or illegal, some human rights benefits may be available (I'm not sure which ones, but usually it's state support).

If your spouse was employed legally, he should be entitled to unemployement benefits (state). In any case you can also ask humanitarian support groups or religious charities (especially the Catholic) for help for this difficult time in your life. As long as you don't become too "large" of a burden on federal or local resources, you should be O.K. in regard to immigration laws. But inform yourself properly so it won't cause any problems later on or make you eligable for removable!

Good luck and take good care of your new family!