free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting help from Government?

Hello. My fiance lives in England, and I live in the U.S. I filed the paperwork in December, 2002, and I'm now informed that it may take until August to get out of the Nebraska Service Center.

A couple questions:

1. Will personally knowing a U.S. Senator help speed this up, if he calls the INS? I mean, do they have the power to push you toward the front?

2. How about knowing the former head of one of the district offices? Is is feasable this person could make some calls?

3. What other government person/agency could be used to put pressure on the INS to move my case toward the top of the pile?

Hello. My fiance lives in England, and I live in the U.S. I filed the paperwork in December, 2002, and I'm now informed that it may take until August to get out of the Nebraska Service Center.

A couple questions:

1. Will personally knowing a U.S. Senator help speed this up, if he calls the INS? I mean, do they have the power to push you toward the front?

2. How about knowing the former head of one of the district offices? Is is feasable this person could make some calls?

3. What other government person/agency could be used to put pressure on the INS to move my case toward the top of the pile?

THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE IN YOUR SITUATION THAT DON'T KNOW SUPPOSEDLY INFLUENCIAL PEOPLE.

PERSONALLY, I DON'T THINK THAT IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE TO INS WHO YOU ARE AND WHO PUTS PRESSURE ON THEM AS FAR AS IMMIGRATION STATUS. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT WOULD BE ILLEGAL, LIK A BRIBE.

IT WOULD ALSO BE VERY SELFISH OF YOU TO TRY THIS.

But it is what it is. I happen to have gone to school, since 1st grade, with my Senator's kids. He's lived a few blocks away from me. I know it's selfish, but be honest, if you could, and knew it would work, wouldn't you do the same thing?

Look, I'm not even sure it's feasable. Yeah, it's not "fair", but in the end, what IS fair?

Sorry, but if it helps, I'm going to do it. It's not a slam on anyone here, or anywhere else, but I've yet to have "my dad", and if this is it, then I'm all for it.

Besides, when hasn't "influance" and "bribary" been a common thing in politics?

To Polaris

Go ahead! Do whatever you can, otherwise you may be waiting not only up untill August but many more months. And, you are definitely right about what is fair or not.

Yeah, I don't want to screw anyone else, but in the end, we all know it's all about "numero uno", right?

It ***** that they just can't be faster with this stuff. I don't see any reason for these things to take so long in the first place...

JUST KNOW THAT MANY PEOPLE AHEAD OF YOU ARE ALREADY MARRIED AND MAY HAVE CHILDREN INVOLVED.

WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION BEING MAINSTREAM IN USA.........UM, I DON'T AGREE.

DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE TO PARTAKE?

The matter is that those who are married AND have childrean are usually already in the US, so thay are together with their spouses. I his case as I understand they are separated now. I know myself what it means to wait. And, I waited a year and a half for the interview instaed of 6 months as it is said for this service center. And, I would waited even longer if my husband did not push it.

Polaris, let me guess. You must be a Jew!

Angie, I know it's probably not right, but if I can speed it up I will. I too have a child involved. My son's mother abandoned him when he was almost 2. That was 7 years ago. He's never had a "mother" in his life, and that's my main motivating factor in all of this.

As for the "Jew" comment, well, I'm no Neo-Nazi like the individual who wrote that. But, in the same breath, I'm no Jew. Agnostic, maybe. But then again, why am I wasting my energy answering such an idiotic post anyway?...hehehe

So, I'll let you all know how it works out. The phone calls begin today.