50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TO UMESH, ANDREA, .... had AOS interview 10 months ago,but still no answer from INS

I applied for a green card through my husband(a US citizien) and had AOS inteview in June 2002. The ajudicator was not friednly and asked for additional documents which I sent within 2 weeks. More than 10 months has passed but I have not heard from them. I went to the INS local office twice, did an status inquiry through the national service once, asked my lawyer to do status inquiry(she says she has done that), but still there is no answer.
    please tell me what I should do?

I applied for a green card through my husband(a US citizien) and had AOS inteview in June 2002. The ajudicator was not friednly and asked for additional documents which I sent within 2 weeks. More than 10 months has passed but I have not heard from them. I went to the INS local office twice, did an status inquiry through the national service once, asked my lawyer to do status inquiry(she says she has done that), but still there is no answer.
    please tell me what I should do?

the last time i went to INS was march 2003, the office told us they are now working on march 2002 cases and we have to wait until june.

Is such a thing oridnary? what do you think is the real reason behind all this dealy, while they have handled cases like mine at the same local office within 2 weeks at the same time( I read about this in other immigration forums)

my lawyer is not helpful. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO.

They're doing additional security checks perhaps.

Everything is taking longer in post 9/11 times. Two recent events have caused wait times to skyrocket. 1. New procedures implemented in Nov 2002 for background checks. 2. Special registration. Special registration in particular has practically brought green card/citizenship processing to a crawl since Nov 2002. I know this for fact becuase when I was going through special registration I was told to add 6 months to any processing because 'almost everyone has been temporarily reassigned to tackle special registration'. So, just be patient. You have already done the things that I would have recommended.

Special Registration will end on April 25th (deadline for Group IV) so...

Special Registration will once again begin next year.

Of course it'll begin next year -- Muslims registered this year are required by law to register with the Immigration every year...not to mention that other countries may be added to the list to make it look like there are not just Muslims that are to comply with the stupid law.

hmmm

hi guest

i have same problem-- i was interviewed at sacramento office--and its been 5 months--i got fingerprinted and everything--but still nothing in mail.where were you interviewed at ???