50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Sponsor J2 to fiance after marrying on telephone

Can I sponsor my fiance a J2 after marrying on telephone. I am a muslim by religion . The marriage will be officialy registered in my country of origin that is Pakistan.
    I currently hold J1 status converted from H1 B.

Can I sponsor my fiance a J2 after marrying on telephone. I am a muslim by religion . The marriage will be officialy registered in my country of origin that is Pakistan.
    I currently hold J1 status converted from H1 B.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that a marriage doesn't count for immigration purposes in the US unless both parties were physically present at the marriage ceremony and the marriage was consumated. That would mean that a marriage over the phone wouldn't count. I'm not sure about the exact definition of consumated and too tired to look it up in the dictionary, but I think that it means you have to have had sex. Mohan or Sammy or one of the experts will correct me if I'm wrong.

A marriage on telephone is not recognized. You have to be present at marriage ceremoney and it has to be consumated. Consumated means that after marriage you must have sex with your spouse. Marriage is valide only after it is consumated.
    Good luck.

Hmmm...who wants to know how the marriage done. As long as you have the marriage paper, sign by both of you and its legal by your authority and country and sign by them, so just show to them. Thats all. They not going to ask, how you guys have the ceremony. As long as there is a marriage legal marriage certificate. I don't remember anything in the phone that ask "How the ceremony done?"...

a. by pysical
    b. by computer (email, AIM, or yahoo messenger)
    c. by FEDEX
    d. by phone
    e. others (please spesify)

I'm in the jovial mood today, sorry . Good luck and have a nice day.

Other than that I'm not expert in type of visa you have like J and H. That one you have to refer to someone expert .

Umesh already answer your question. More than that, do your research and ask and ask and ask and ask until you satisfied. Life sooooooooooooooooooooooo complicated.

XX, you are funny LOL. Yes, life is complicated, especially when you're dealing with the BS. There is a place on the directions for the I-130 which specifically states that the marriage must be consumated and that both parties must be physically present at the ceremony. Of course, I'm not sure if this person will use that form. I know that's what I had to use for my hubby, but I'm a USC.