free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: New opportunities for prestigious undergraduate and graduate degrees

http://www.londonuniversityonline.co.uk

Possession of one or more college degrees is all the more important for the prospective immigrant to the USA or many other countries including Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, among others. In order to attempt to restrict immigration to persons who will benefit their new homes many countries require as a condition of qualification for resident or working visas possession of a degree. Conditions for work-in-lieu of degree, if available at all, are extremely difficult to meet, with countries often requiring up to four years of directly-related work experience for every year of college (12 years of work experience required, for instance, in lieu of a 4-year undergraduate degree).

But for most mid-career professionals, taking 3-6 years "off" and spending up to US$100,000 to get that precious sheepskin just isn't an option. We've got families to support or mortgages to keep up - and we're typically well past the days when the "starving student" lifestyle is appealing.

If qualification for a resident or work visa requires one or more degrees you do not currently possess, consider the London University Colleges. London University Colleges is a degree-granting institution that awards BA and BS; MA, MS, MDiv, and MBA; and PhD, EdD, and DDiv diplomas. Degrees are awarded on the basis of educational and professional accomplishments as documented by applicants. London University Colleges is accredited by the European Association for the Accreditation of Higher Education.

Enquiries are welcomed at http://www.londonuniversityonline.co.uk

Jon Hays
    Assistant Registrar
    London University Colleges

Possession of one or more college degrees is all the more important for the prospective immigrant to the USA or many other countries including Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, among others. In order to attempt to restrict immigration to persons who will benefit their new homes many countries require as a condition of qualification for resident or working visas possession of a degree. Conditions for work-in-lieu of degree, if available at all, are extremely difficult to meet, with countries often requiring up to four years of directly-related work experience for every year of college (12 years of work experience required, for instance, in lieu of a 4-year undergraduate degree).

But for most mid-career professionals, taking 3-6 years "off" and spending up to US$100,000 to get that precious sheepskin just isn't an option. We've got families to support or mortgages to keep up - and we're typically well past the days when the "starving student" lifestyle is appealing.

If qualification for a resident or work visa requires one or more degrees you do not currently possess, consider the London University Colleges. London University Colleges is a degree-granting institution that awards BA and BS; MA, MS, MDiv, and MBA; and PhD, EdD, and DDiv diplomas. Degrees are awarded on the basis of educational and professional accomplishments as documented by applicants. London University Colleges is accredited by the European Association for the Accreditation of Higher Education.

Enquiries are welcomed at http://www.londonuniversityonline.co.uk

Jon Hays
    Assistant Registrar

What a bunch of crap - degrees based on your experience! It's a fraud and that's all there is to it!

Shame on you! It's a dishonor and unfair to those who work hard and have ACTUAL degrees! Fake PhD degree based on experience?! Come on! Give me a break. I am in a PhD program right now and know that no work experience can be a substitute. It pisses me off.. those who offer fake degrees and those who take them.. You deminish the value of the education institution here in the U.S.

Thanks for your note. I really don't agree, though, that no work experience can be a substitute for a formal educational program.

History is replete with great men and women who were self-taught, and even today many of our most brilliant thinkers and leaders left school without degrees.

Jon Hays
    Assistant Registrar

I would like to vote for removal of this entire thread. These kind of so called universities should not be given a forum on this board.

Moderator, are you reading this!

I didn't mean any disrespect for work experiences. Perhaps I didn't explain it clearly. What I meant was that PhD experience is totally different from any work experiences. While I agree that you can't learn hands-on experiences from school, PhD is about research, and total dedication to improve on the field you're concentrating. I just don't think you can give the same weights for that, nor do I think that you can acquire the same kind of research experiences from work. If any work experiences can count as the same as education, then anybody can be a doctor after long-term observation and practice. It's bothering me that while some people dedicate 4 or 5 years on the PhD work (it's hard, believe me. Imagine getting paid low wages for research work, while you can go into the work force with high salaries), some can just go out and "buy" one. In this sense anybody old enough (or has worked long enough) can get one. Isn't it ridiculous? Allowing such behaviour will discourage people going for higher education (because those fake degrees kill the prestige of the actual degrees, or because there's now a faster and free way of obtaining it) and will in turn jeopardize our future as human beings.

I'll mention this news to DOZENS of my friends.... Thanks!

I would certainly check with the country I am planning to immigrate to to see how they would interpret this "degree".

Sounds pretty fishy, but could be worth looking into... (This was typed with a sort of confused and screwed up look of distaste on my face. Is there a key for that?) You do have to pretty much have a master's or B.A. plus several years of directly-related experience to get enough points to be granted work visa for Canada.