50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: when will I get my greencard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In May 2002 my father filed an I-130 petition for me. He is a US citizen and I am a UK citizen. We have received a receipt notice from the INS saying that we have to wait between 815 to 825 days for a reply, which takes me up to August 21st 2004.

Basically once an visa has become available to you how long do you generally have to wait for the interview and the greencard.

Can anyone give me a rough idea how long this process is going to take pleas.

Thank you in advance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In May 2002 my father filed an I-130 petition for me. He is a US citizen and I am a UK citizen. We have received a receipt notice from the INS saying that we have to wait between 815 to 825 days for a reply, which takes me up to August 21st 2004.

Basically once an visa has become available to you how long do you generally have to wait for the interview and the greencard.

Can anyone give me a rough idea how long this process is going to take pleas.

Thank you in advance

its lengthy process. after the aproval of I-130 , there is couple of more form to fill and wait for that AOS form to be aproved then only you will get I-551 stamped on PP

My estimate is that you will be waiting around 6 to 10 years for your GC. I mentioned in another thread that my 'marriage to a USC' based GC application (which is one of the fastest ways to get a GC) will take around 5 yrs...

Thank you for your advice........so in that space of time am I allowed to visit the U.S.A because I have been told because I a in the first category I am not allowed to visit the US while this is being processed.

I just want to add that this immigration process makes the situation longer than necessary.

I like to think of myself as a honest person and I am trying to do things legally but I have several friends who are in america illegally and it makes me so mad because they are getting on with their life when I have to wait several years to see my father who is getting older, and older.

I can't even believe that I am waiting 2 1/2 years for the INS to say yes my application is acceptable and give me a priority date. Its not fair.