50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: WHAT DO I DO?

IAM A BRITISH CITIZEN, WHO WILL QUALIFY AS A HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER IN JULY.

IAM HOPING TO MOVE OVER TO AMERICA (JULY) TO BE WITH MY FIANCEE (A US CITIZEN) , HOWEVER IAM UNSURE OF WHAT DOCUMENTS OR VISA'S I WILL NEED.
    I DO KNOW THAT THE K VISA OR FIANCEE VISA IS NO GOOD AS WE DO NOT PLAN TO GET MARRIED UNTIL NEXT YEAR SO THE 90 DAYS THAT IT LASTS FOR IS NO GOOD!!! SO HAS ANYBODY OUT THERE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!! IS GETTING IN CONTACT WITH A US LAWYER MY ONLY HOPE?

IAM A BRITISH CITIZEN, WHO WILL QUALIFY AS A HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER IN JULY.

IAM HOPING TO MOVE OVER TO AMERICA (JULY) TO BE WITH MY FIANCEE (A US CITIZEN) , HOWEVER IAM UNSURE OF WHAT DOCUMENTS OR VISA'S I WILL NEED.
    I DO KNOW THAT THE K VISA OR FIANCEE VISA IS NO GOOD AS WE DO NOT PLAN TO GET MARRIED UNTIL NEXT YEAR SO THE 90 DAYS THAT IT LASTS FOR IS NO GOOD!!! SO HAS ANYBODY OUT THERE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!! IS GETTING IN CONTACT WITH A US LAWYER MY ONLY HOPE?

What are your plans in the US? Do you intend to study or seek employement? Or just spent time with your fiancee?

I WANT TO WORK, BUT AS A TEACHER THE SEMESTER WILL NOT START UNTIL SEPTEMBER, SO IM UNSURE OF WHAT TO DO

First, I'd find a school or school district in the US willing to sponsor you for an H-1B visa (nonimmigrant worker). Due to the shortage of teachers, chances are pretty good that some school may want you and is willing to pay for your H-1B. Then, while you're in the US in H status, you could get married to your girlfriend and file an adjustment of status. Check out websites that have education job listings. In order to qualify for an H, you need to have at least a bachelor's degree or equivalent. However, you can't apply for an H visa by yourself; you need to have a willing employer that files the H petition on your behalf.

THANK YOU THAT WAS A BIG HELP.

You are a British Citizen, so you can enter the United States under Visa Waiver program for visit and pleasure. Get married to your fiance and file for AOS. This will be best and easiest way.
    Good luck.