free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: immigration officer told us to come for 2nd interview

me and wife went for interview for i 485 yesterday ,the officer ask us few questions like whats our DOB, how we meet, whats my wife's daughters DOB and we were right at our questions. i am regular student in NY and my wife is working in ohio, i filed my case in columbus as i discussed with my attorney. Officer firstly say us to wait she be back with new appointment letter for next interview , we waited there for 10 min then she said they gonna mail me at my address in NY for the same. i am really confused that why it happened why she call for 2nd one. can anybody help us.
    param

me and wife went for interview for i 485 yesterday ,the officer ask us few questions like whats our DOB, how we meet, whats my wife's daughters DOB and we were right at our questions. i am regular student in NY and my wife is working in ohio, i filed my case in columbus as i discussed with my attorney. Officer firstly say us to wait she be back with new appointment letter for next interview , we waited there for 10 min then she said they gonna mail me at my address in NY for the same. i am really confused that why it happened why she call for 2nd one. can anybody help us.
    param

Since you obviously are not living together, the officer believes your application to be fraudulent. You will be served with a Notice to Appear at your next appointment.

thanks for the help. but i am gonna graduate in may2010 and then i am gonna move there what's the problem. i visit her frequently twice a month and she do same.
    param

The problem is that you are married but not living together. That is considered by USCIS to be fraud.

There can be good reasons why a couple might have to live apart for a time. Work and school are two. It does happen and I've seen successful I-485 interview outcomes where this has happened. You should make sure that you have evidence of trips to see each other, fuel receipts, tickets etc. Photos of your times together and statements from others that know both of you etc. Anything that shows you are maintaining a long term, viable relationship. The onus is on you to prove it's not a fraudulent marriage.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    There can be good reasons why a couple might have to live apart for a time. Work and school are two. It does happen and I've seen successful I-485 interview outcomes where this has happened. You should make sure that you have evidence of trips to see each other, fuel receipts, tickets etc. Photos of your times together and statements from others that know both of you etc. Anything that shows you are maintaining a long term, viable relationship. The onus is on you to prove it's not a fraudulent marriage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very good advice.

i am very thankful to you all. yeah i had all my fuel receipts , tickets,, boarding passes, pictures of our together. thanks for keeping me up...
    param

If they do decide to go forward with removal proceedings, you will get your day in court in front of an Immigration Judge. He or she has the final word on if you are to be removed not the USCIS. Show all your evidence at that time if it happens. Good luck.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mannparam:
    me and wife went for interview for i 485 yesterday ,the officer ask us few questions like whats our DOB, how we meet, whats my wife's daughters DOB and we were right at our questions. i am regular student in NY and my wife is working in ohio, i filed my case in columbus as i discussed with my attorney. Officer firstly say us to wait she be back with new appointment letter for next interview , we waited there for 10 min then she said they gonna mail me at my address in NY for the same. i am really confused that why it happened why she call for 2nd one. can anybody help us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I were you I would fail the interwiew right away. I rarely remember birthdays of my own kids, let alone those of others.

Don't be a knee****.

Sometimes I wonder and think what would happen if anyone enacted the following scenario:

Imagine someone is US born, ergo US Citizen.
    Imagine that person grew up overseas. Next, That person comes to US.
    Then that same person buys fraudulent documents , to pretend to be Citizen of foreign country who is here here illegally.
    Then that same person marries US citizen.
    Files papers, goes to interwiev (with real marriage, not fraudulent).

That person goes to interview and starts telling long story, about how he is illegal and married for papers only.

What I wonder is: what would happen next? Would that person be deportable? What would be repercussions?
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit