free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Umesh - EAD approval letter for SS#

Umesh or anyone else,

Can I apply for SS# with only the approval EAD notice from BCIS (without actual card). Do they accept this? Or they want to see the actual EAD card? I'm thinking of saving times so by the time I receive my actual EAD card I also already have my SS#.

Anyone have that experience?

Umesh or anyone else,

Can I apply for SS# with only the approval EAD notice from BCIS (without actual card). Do they accept this? Or they want to see the actual EAD card? I'm thinking of saving times so by the time I receive my actual EAD card I also already have my SS#.

Anyone have that experience?

HI Me2,
    I was in same situation lake you,and I did wait untill I received my EAD,and then with this document I went to SS office.
    After that,I received mu SSN in two weeks.

We filed in Newark SS office and still have not received SS card. That was on FEB 20. We did have to show the actual EAD not a letter saying EAD was approved.

Hi Brenda and Krys,

Thanks for responding . Well, then its obviously I have to wait for the actual card, but that means another waiting. Have to get use with the term 'waiting' and 'patient'.

HI Me2,
    obviosly,you need to wait and be patients lake you say.You don't have another choise.

To Krys:
    What is taking so long.
    Yo should go to SS office and ask what is going an?

I got tired of waiting and taking off of work so I wrote my congressman and my senator. Democracy at work. I am putting these guys to work, as you all should when ever you have a related problem. My wife did not want to. She wanted to stay quiet and wait. But if I were to go to work and do nothing there all day like some of these government employees, I would be out of work.

Me2, have everything ready when you get your EAD. We received it at the office, so we went down 2 floors from the BCIS to SSA and I had pre-printed the SS application and all I did was hand it in. Total time from the moment I picked up EAD to the time application was in hands of SSA, 10 minutes. Time it took for SSA to receive in application into their system 2 months and one day. To me that was unacceptable. Someone told me that I should have filed in my local SS office instead of main office at Newark. But for you, stay on top of them once you file with SSA. They can no longer give out SSN over the phone, but they can answer questions over the phone.

Thank you Krys for the advice.

I know its pain to wait that long. I really cannot wait such a long time since I really want to contribute and help my hubby. I feel bad just be at home and he has to pay all the bills. Furthermore I have properties in my home country like car, house and other loans to pay. For the time being, my hubby helping me paying this but I feel bad and wanted to do by my own. I don't have problem getting job since few companies already called me for interview, but unfortunately I have to wait for my EAD and SS#.

I just hope I go through a smooth road . I wish you and others a best of luck too.