50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Deportation

I came here this Jan. as my US citizen wife had filed petition. Now she says that she wasn't married by her own wish and don't want to live with me,threatening me to deport back to India and doing all possible things to prove her words, we are getting divorce, if we are divorce now, when would I be deported back to India, just soon or on the expiration of my permanent resident card which is jan 2005???

I came here this Jan. as my US citizen wife had filed petition. Now she says that she wasn't married by her own wish and don't want to live with me,threatening me to deport back to India and doing all possible things to prove her words, we are getting divorce, if we are divorce now, when would I be deported back to India, just soon or on the expiration of my permanent resident card which is jan 2005???

From what you say, sounds like you are a conditional resident. You need to talk to a lawyer and see whether theres a solution to your case. Dont wait till your card expires.
    Also, send email to info@myronmmorales.com and explain your case to morales; hes a lawyer and willa dvice you. Dont give up the fight.

You will have to file the form I-751 in 2005. Read the form and what is required at that time so you can determine what to do now...

That being said, if she wants to she can make things very tough on you by contacting the BCIS...

ARQU

hey ARQUA I dont think BCIS has time to chase people like that. They already have too much work to start chasing separated spouses. I would advice this guy to wait for 90 days before the I551 expires and try to file as battered spouse, or look for someone else to marry!

The BCIS does not have to chase anyone. The onus is on the applicant to file enough documentation to prove his case. He will have to wait until 2005 then file. If he is not divorced at that time and his wife is not willing to sign the I-751; he will be deported (read the April memo from the BCIS on the ILW homepage).

If he is fully divorced, he can apply under a waiver. If he is abused, he can document that and file under that waiver. If he can show hardship, he can file under that. But those are his only options. BTW - Trying to get an I-751 approved without your spouse's signature is virtually impossible.

Battery is about your only chance and even that takes a lot of proof! Hardship? Forget it; they don't approve very many of those at all.

Personal Experience: Do not stay in a marriage just for your GC. You become a virtual slave without any options and are stuck in a bad situation for YEARS!!!! The day of the GC wedding being the shortest way to go is LONG gone. The process can easily take 5 or 6 years - literally longer than the average marriage lasts under normal circumstances...

ARQU

ARQU I disagree with you. Once you start something, why should you leave it half-way done then come back to it later. If I started to get a g'card and had problems with my spouse, I would not leave until I have final papers coz if I did so, all my energies thus far would have been a waste.
    Please advice people properly and tell them that you are waiting to get your g'card through marriage so they should not listen to you about this not being the only way to get GC. What other options do they have, how long will those options take? If you really think about it, even if the wait takes 6 years, once you have used more than 2 years in a marrige and used all that money and time, I would not get out until I get everything finalized.

In my opinion, Just go back India and serve the country.
    There is nothing much in America except tension and worries.
    I am also leaving America in September.

Jagdeep Singh

Why is your wife saying that it was a forced mariage? Was the marriage "arranged"? Was your wife pressured by you or your family or her family to marry you and/or file the petition? I am no expert on Indian customs, but I am aware that arranged marriage is still common there today. It seems to make sense that families would use US citizenship as one of the bargaining tools is such a marriage.

"America has rabies"

Jean-Paul Sartre, 1953.