free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jail Term

A friend of mine is having problemS. She married a USC and now they are having problems . she wants to finish her education before she exits the country. Incase she is asked to leave the country, Can she get a lawyer to have a deportation removal until she finishes her school. Also if she did say the truth can the usc be put in jail if the marriage was a fraud marriage.

A friend of mine is having problemS. She married a USC and now they are having problems . she wants to finish her education before she exits the country. Incase she is asked to leave the country, Can she get a lawyer to have a deportation removal until she finishes her school. Also if she did say the truth can the usc be put in jail if the marriage was a fraud marriage.

Why would she be asked to leave? is she adjusting status for GC or has she received conditional GC already?

Is USC going to withdraw or has withdrawn petitions for the marriage?

Is telling the "truth" that this is in fact a business marriage gone bad, and USC is pulling out?

She is worried that she might be asked to leave becasue she has to withdraw her green card petition. and therefore would be out of status. she is still currently pursuing school. but under adjustment of status.

Is telling the "truth" that this is in fact a business marriage gone bad, and USC is pulling out?yeah it is the fact the business marirage has gone bad

She is worried that she might be asked to leave becasue she has to withdraw her green card petition. and therefore would be out of status. she is still currently pursuing school. but under adjustment of status.

Is telling the "truth" that this is in fact a business marriage gone bad, and USC is pulling out?yeah it is the fact the business marirage has gone bad

I think they would frown more upon the foreigner in terms of a sham marriage. And requesting favors in terms of granting extension to stay while they know she committed visa fraud would be snow-b-a-l-l-s chance in hell.

The usc actually offered to help her because i understand the dad did the same thing to get here to usc. He got married to a usc then got his gc and wnet back to his home coutnry got a llady and married her . then now th eson wanted to help my friedn but ended up screwing her. she wa sactually reisitant at first because she had heard horror stories

marraige fraud is very popular -- cuz when it really comes down to it -- it is VERY difficult for the INS to prove to a judge that it is not a "real" marraige. People take advantage of this and foreigners are 5x more likely to marry upon entry ot the US then USC.

They really need to instill "quotas" on marraige gc's like they do with every other petition. Why is a spouse so much more important to bring here than your blood brother who has to wait 10 years? I never understood that. They need to equal it out a bit.

-= nav =-

Thanks for all the answers though i still have not gotten one thign right. Is the usc that my friend married likely to be in trouble with the law

If marriage fraud is proven, immigrant is deported and USC gets fine (250 000) and jail term.
    BCIS will also have an option to go after his/her citizenship and deport USC if she/she is a naturalized USC.