free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 129f second try

Hi
    Looking for some help. I filed a 129f aplication for the second time on June 3rd this year. I have been told by the CA service center that they will be mailing me a letter for further information. The INS lady could not tell me when this would be mailed or what further information they wanted.
    This is the second time i have applied for this visa. The first was earlier this year which actualy got approved in March but we got denied by the US consulate in Bangkok because i was given some wrong advise by a atorney ( who i got from this site and claimed to be the largest visa service in the world ). You see at the time of filing the first application i was still legaly married although i had filed for a divorce it was not final. However it was final by the time my fiance had the interview in Bangkok but the Consulate staff picked up on it and denied our aplication. They did say at the time that all we had to do was simply refile and every thing should be o.k.
    But now i have this letter thing to worry about.
    By the way friends. When i confronted the US based attorney he blatantly lied and told me that the law change on March 1st and he was sorry and he wouldrefile for me.
    Please help i dont think i can handle another denial

Hi
    Looking for some help. I filed a 129f aplication for the second time on June 3rd this year. I have been told by the CA service center that they will be mailing me a letter for further information. The INS lady could not tell me when this would be mailed or what further information they wanted.
    This is the second time i have applied for this visa. The first was earlier this year which actualy got approved in March but we got denied by the US consulate in Bangkok because i was given some wrong advise by a atorney ( who i got from this site and claimed to be the largest visa service in the world ). You see at the time of filing the first application i was still legaly married although i had filed for a divorce it was not final. However it was final by the time my fiance had the interview in Bangkok but the Consulate staff picked up on it and denied our aplication. They did say at the time that all we had to do was simply refile and every thing should be o.k.
    But now i have this letter thing to worry about.
    By the way friends. When i confronted the US based attorney he blatantly lied and told me that the law change on March 1st and he was sorry and he wouldrefile for me.
    Please help i dont think i can handle another denial

Maybe they need a copy of something that you did not mail to them. Could it be the previous i129f? It'll probably state on the letter/RFE. I saw this post. The gentleman filed I129f at CSA on 6/11 and got it back 8/11.
    http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...threadid=93648

These guys are still waiting
    http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...threadid=93566

What you need to remember is that the job of the INS in a K-1 visa petition (I-129F) is to qualify the alien as a fiancee. They do not have to find them admissible to the U.S., they do not need to do any of that. Their job is to prove that the two of you have met in person according to the law within the last two years and also to prove that you two are legally able to marry and to prove that you intend to marry. That's it. It's up to the State Department (consulate) to admit her into the country. Therefore, the only way you would have been denied the first time is the did not have sufficient proof of you and she being ABLE and WILLING to marry. Now if you filed again and your divorce is final now, you should be okay. Don't use a lawyer for I-129F or any of these things unless you have a problem to begin with. They are unnecessary expense as you can find everything you need to know here!