50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of a good lawyer for LULAC/CSS/LIFE Cases in Chicago, IL

Does anybody know of a good lawyer for LULAC/ CSS / LIFE Cases in Chicago, Please share your experience or recommendation, Also how much do they charge. Thanks

Does anybody know of a good lawyer for LULAC/ CSS / LIFE Cases in Chicago, Please share your experience or recommendation, Also how much do they charge. Thanks

Hi OnlyHope:

Are you having some sort of problems with your LULAC/CSS/LIFE case???

Share your experience and or situation, some of us may be able to help.

The other thing you can do is to get in touch with the co-ordinator or Mr Charles Song at the center for human rights (the group of attorneys who had fought for us all these years). He should be able to recommend one that knows the LULAC/CSS cases.

You can get their contact info from this website:
    www.centerforhumanrights.org

Good luck, let us know how we can help you.

Just like the "dream act,LULAC is dead. Don't you people understand, The cookie jar has had the lid slamed shut, the free ride is over, the gravy train has left the station.Your lucky ship has sunk . The party's over. It's time to call it a day la la la

I think to have a successful Life Act case, the only thing you want a good evidence since Jan 1982, Then the INS will approve your case after the Interview.

Juli,

Are you also a LIFE applicant? What's the status of your case? I had my interview in 7/02 and still haven't received an approval (or a notice of intent to deny).

To answer you question, I had my interview on April 02 and my case approved after the interview, they stamped my passport, and three months after that I received my GC, In the interview I show the INS officer a bank statement since 1981.
    What kind of document yourself have since 1981 and did the INS officer told you to bring more evidence or not. In case you have more evidence you can submit them anytime.

Is that all you have to prove? Documentation proving you were here since 1981? Being here since 1980 we have plenty of documentation , w-2, school records, checks to show.File was transfered but no interview yet.

By the way to LULAC is not dead at all. LULAC, CSS(Late Amnesty) and LIFE Act are two different processes.I think you have till May 2003 to file,check the INS site or Center for Human Rights

In order to be qualified for LULAC/CSS you must submitted or attempt to submit a complet application back in 1987/88 beside evidence show a person presence sine 1981.
    And in order to qualify for Life Act you should be one of the class action members LULAC/CSS, if you are not a CSS/LULAC member you are not qualified for LIFE legalization even though you had been here since 1981 and you have all kind of evidence.