publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How long does my girlfriend to come here once we get married?

I'm a USC right now and I have a girlfriend in the Philippines we want to get married as soon as possible. What's the easiest way for her to get here and live with me in a shortest time? Do I have to go there and get married or do I have to file a Fiancee visa for her and get married here? It's been quite a long time for us to wait for this moment to come and we don't want to waste our precious time to be together. So, Is there anybody can suggest whats the best way to do?

I'm a USC right now and I have a girlfriend in the Philippines we want to get married as soon as possible. What's the easiest way for her to get here and live with me in a shortest time? Do I have to go there and get married or do I have to file a Fiancee visa for her and get married here? It's been quite a long time for us to wait for this moment to come and we don't want to waste our precious time to be together. So, Is there anybody can suggest whats the best way to do?

Either way takes about the same amount of time and at a record pass with no problems it will still be 4-6-8 months (fingers crossed too). The really question is what regional INS service center you will have to use (based on where you live now). Vermont seems to be the fastest (1-2 months, but the other 4 are very slow in processing applications (a couple of months). From other people's experiences, it seems the embassy in the Phillipines is not one of the best as well. Long waits for documents and such.

Good Luck hope this was helpful

6 months- to establish a relationship

Thanks for your information. So, I'm livin here in Washington what do you think about Washington INS service center which is in Seattle are they faster to process my application for either fiancee visa or petitioning my spouse using F-I30? And jean, once a year I always go to their hometown just to see her I think thats what you mean about 6 months to establish a relationship. Anyway, thanks for your reminder but I'm still lookin what's the fastest way which fits us most. If other state process faster please tell me what to do.

You can't file the forms for either I-129F (Fiance) and I-130(Spouse) with a state INS office you must file them with the INS regional service center whose territory you reside in. I think that would be California for you. The others are Missouri, Vermont, Texas and Nebraska. Vermont is the fast as far as processing these forms go.