50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND READ

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET INFORMATION ON THE DREAM act .I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THIS BILL IS AT AND WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO VOTE ON IT.I ALREADY KNOW WHAT ITS ABOUT I WANT TO KNOW WHEN CONGRESS IS GOING TO VOTE ON IT. THANK YOU

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET INFORMATION ON THE DREAM act .I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THIS BILL IS AT AND WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO VOTE ON IT.I ALREADY KNOW WHAT ITS ABOUT I WANT TO KNOW WHEN CONGRESS IS GOING TO VOTE ON IT. THANK YOU

Go to Yahoo.com and type "THOMAS".
    That should lead you to the link of congressional bills.
    Then, once you are there type "Dream ACT".
    You should find the full text of the bill there.

Thank you so much but i already know what the bill is about..I want to know when thenext meeting on it will be and when they will be voting on it.

DREAM Act is enlightened public policy
    By Fred Esplin

Michael Suarez argued in a Utah Voices column last Sunday for temporary legalization for and eventual deportation of illegal immigrants. His comments on Sen. Orrin Hatch's proposed Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act particularly caught my attention. Unfortunately, Mr. Suarez left out significant details of the act, which passed out of the Judiciary Committee last fall with strong, bipartisan support.

ITS GOING NO WHERE RIGHT NOW and most likely will not pass this year if ever, it is an election year and this bill is not widely supported by USC. They have tried to pass it once before, then re wrote it and are trying again.It discriminates against all others who must pay out of state fees and those that come from over seas who must pay full fees.As the saying goes "you do this for ONE you do it for all"

HI ACELAW U R A LAIR..I LOOKED UO THE ARTICLE ON THE WEB AND THE LAST PART OF YOUR PARAGRAPH WHERE U STATED THAT IT IS GOING NO WHERE RIGHT NOW IS A LIE...YOU DONT KNOW THAT. ALSO THEY SENATE WILL BE REVEIWING IT EARLY THIS SPRING..AND THERE IS A 80 PERCENT CHANCE THAT THEY WILL PASS IT...SO PLEASE STOP POSTING MISINFORMATION. tHANK YOU

FeFE

posted January 25, 2004 11:14 PM

You asked a question I posted the commnets by MR ESPIN as follows:

DREAM Act is enlightened public policy
    By Fred Esplin
    Michael Suarez argued in a Utah Voices column last Sunday for temporary legalization for and eventual deportation of illegal immigrants. His comments on Sen. Orrin Hatch's proposed Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act particularly caught my attention. Unfortunately, Mr. Suarez left out significant details of the act, which passed out of the Judiciary Committee last fall with strong, bipartisan sucame out of

This is my answer below not part of the article I posted above that is why it was separated from it:
    ITS GOING NO WHERE RIGHT NOW and most likely will not pass this year if ever, it is an election year and this bill is not widely supported by USC. They have tried to pass it once before, then re wrote it and are trying again.It discriminates against all others who must pay out of state fees and those that come from over seas who must pay full fees.As the saying goes "you do this for ONE you do it for all"

HI ACELAW U R A LAIR..I LOOKED UO THE ARTICLE ON THE WEB AND THE LAST PART OF YOUR PARAGRAPH WHERE U STATED THAT IT IS GOING NO WHERE RIGHT NOW IS A LIE...YOU DONT KNOW THAT. ALSO THEY SENATE WILL BE REVEIWING IT EARLY THIS SPRING..AND THERE IS A 80 PERCENT CHANCE THAT THEY WILL PASS IT...SO PLEASE STOP POSTING MISINFORMATION. tHANK YOU

As per your own words THAT IT IS GOING NO WHERE RIGHT NOW IS A LIE...YOU DONT KNOW THAT. ALSO THEY SENATE WILL BE REVEIWING IT EARLY THIS SPRING. Is right now early next spring? I said it is going nowhere RIGHT NOW !!! This is not early next spring RIGHT????most likely will not pass this year if ever, it is an election year and this bill is not widely supported by USC. They have tried to pass it once before, then re wrote it and are trying again.

The DREAM ACT
    In the Senate, Senators Orrin
    Hatch (R-UT) and Richard Durbin (D-IL), introduced S.1290, the DREAM Act on August 1, 2001. The Act failed its first pass through Congress but was re-introduced .

THE ACT FAILED THE FRIST TIME THROUGH, NO LIE HERE RIGHT?

American Immigration Lawyers Association
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    (202) 216-2404
    jhendrix@aila.org
    October 24, 2003
    Deserving Kids Cross Hurdle Toward Higher Education
    DREAM Act, with Weakening Amendment, Moves through Senate Committee
    By marking up and passing the DREAM Act (S. 1545), the Senate Judiciary Committee yesterday took an important step to remove one of the barriers that deserving children face in their quest to attend colleges and legalize their status in the United States. The DREAM Act would return to the states the authority to determine who qualifies for in-state tuition. The bill also would legalize the status of those young people who meet certain criteria, including having good moral character and having lived in the U.S. for at least five years preceding the Act's passage.
    "America benefits when all people have the opportunity to contribute to society and the economy. The DREAM Act will facilitate that opportunity for deserving kids, by removing some of the barriers to their attending college and gaining legal status. It not only makes economic sense, but it is the right thing to do," said Judith Golub, Senior Director of Advocacy and Public Affairs for the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
    By a 16-3 vote, the Senate Judiciary Committee passed the DREAM Act (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2003), despite the strong efforts of restrictionists on and off Capitol Hill to defeat this measure.

9(READ THIS PART SO YOU UNDERSTAND IT) However, the bill passed only after the Committee approved a damaging amendment sponsored by Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Charles Grassley (R-IA).
    "AILA strongly opposes this amendment that would make DREAM Act beneficiaries ineligible for federal financial aid grants, such as Pell Grants, and eliminates the community service option as a way to lift their conditional residency status. We applaud Senator Durbin who spoke passionately in support of the bill and against this weakening amendment," said John Estrella, AILA's Policy Analyst.
    "While AILA is pleased that this important legislation has moved out of the Senate Judiciary Committee on such a strong vote, we are disappointed with the provisions amended to the bill and will work to strengthen the bill as it moves to the Senate floor," concluded Golub and Estrella.

THIS BILL WAS GUTTED HERE however, the bill passed only after the Committee approved a damaging amendment sponsored by Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Charles Grassley (R-IA).
    THEY ALSO WANT THE U.S. TAXPAYERS TO PAY FOR THEM TO GO TO SCHOOL, SO THEY WILL TRY AND GET THIS AMENDMENT TAKEN OFF, THIS MEANS A BIG FIGHT IN THE SENATE AND THEN IT HAS TO GO TO THE HOUSE TO BE PASSED, IF THEY LET IT GO LIKE THIS IT WILL PASS BOTH MAYBE ,WHO KNOWNS!
    BUT YOU WILL NOT BEABLE TO GET FEDERAL MONEY TO ATTENDED SCHOOL, YOU MUST PAY FOR IT YOURSELF. This is not what those who introduced the bill want to happen, it is the same reason it failed the last time.So who knows what these moron will do but it is no where near over right now!!!!!SO WHERE IS MY LIE!!!!!!!tHE BATTLE OVER THIS HAS JUST BEGUN, IF THEY LEAVE IT LIKE IT IS NOW i HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ITS PASSING, BUT IT MEANS NO FREE SCHOOL FOR THOSE THAT IT COVERS...UNDERSTAND THAT ?

OK ACELAW....YOU ARE RIGHT BUT NEXT TIME BE MORE SPECIFIC BECAUSE THE WAY YOU WROTE YOUR ANSWER THE FIRST TIME MADE IT SEEM LIKE IT WAS NEVER GOING TO PASS. I LIKE THE WAY YOU EXPLAINED IT THE SECOND TIME..YOU SHOULD WRITE YOUR ANSWERS LIKE THAT MORE OFTEN THAT WAY THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDING