50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: DEAR UMESH PASSI- NEED HELP

MY SON HAS SENT HIS PAPERS BASED ON MARRIAGE TO USC TO SAN ANTONIO (TX) OFFICE. THE PAPERS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO INS OFFICE ON JAN 28, 2002 THROUGH US POSTAL SERVICE. WE HAVE THE POSTAL ACK RECEIPT. WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED INS RECEIPT NOTICE AS YET. DO U SUGGEST WE SEND A REMINDER TO THEM OR WAIT COUPLE MORE DAYS. MY SON HAS TO GO FOR REGITRATION BY 21ST OF THIS MONTH. I WILL APPRECIATE UR ADVISE ON THIS MATTER. THANKS.

MY SON HAS SENT HIS PAPERS BASED ON MARRIAGE TO USC TO SAN ANTONIO (TX) OFFICE. THE PAPERS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO INS OFFICE ON JAN 28, 2002 THROUGH US POSTAL SERVICE. WE HAVE THE POSTAL ACK RECEIPT. WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED INS RECEIPT NOTICE AS YET. DO U SUGGEST WE SEND A REMINDER TO THEM OR WAIT COUPLE MORE DAYS. MY SON HAS TO GO FOR REGITRATION BY 21ST OF THIS MONTH. I WILL APPRECIATE UR ADVISE ON THIS MATTER. THANKS.

You should have contacted them a long time back. May be they had sent some letters which were not delivered to you or must have returned undelivered to Immigration.
    Your son should go to special registration but he must walk with whole file of this petition, Original Marriage Certificate and postal receipt etc. It would be better if his USC wife, accompany him to Immigration Office.
    In the meantime in addition to writing to Immigration about this situation, your son should also file Form G-639 under Freedom of Information Act to get copy of his whole file which will reveal what had happened.
    Good luck.

xyz

do you mean January 2003 or 2002 ??
    If it's 2002 I would call the INS if I were you
    because it's been more than a year now !!!

UMESHI,
    DO YOU PAY ANY FEE FOR THE FORM G-639 ??

tHANK YOU

To HI:
    Usually they do not charge any thing. But it is always better to send a money order for $25.00. If they do not charge you for a small file then they will return you M.O. When the file is big, sometime they charge for photocopies.
    Good luck.

I AM REALY SORRY I GAVE WRONG YEAR,IT IS 2003 & NOT 2002. IS IT TOO LATE TO GET A RECEIPT NOTICE BY NOW?

HI UMESH PASSI, I HAVE MADE CHANGES IN MY PREVIOUS POST. PL GO THROUGH IT & OFFER UR COMMENTS PLEASE. THANKS

If it is January 28, 2003, then it is too early to get any response. May be by the time your son goes for Registration, he will something from Immigration. He should get his EAD within another one month or so. There should be no problem with him at Registration.
    Good luck.

u are right. we received ins letter today. it confirms the receipt of the papers & has asked additional papers such as copy of birth certificate of my son,i_94, passport, visa page etc. we will send these by due date. thanks umesh once again.