50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: is there any problem?

I have a green card and been married for 5 years to my usc husband, so I can apply for my naturalization already. When they ask how many times were you married: I was married twice with the same guy and honestly don't remember if I put the two times in my application for gc. I know now I have to give information about my 2 marriages with the same guy not only the last one (which I think I did before, unfortunatelly I didn't keep any copies for my records).
    It was an honest mistake but now I'm afraid if the information is different I can get in trouble.
    Any advice would be appreciate

I have a green card and been married for 5 years to my usc husband, so I can apply for my naturalization already. When they ask how many times were you married: I was married twice with the same guy and honestly don't remember if I put the two times in my application for gc. I know now I have to give information about my 2 marriages with the same guy not only the last one (which I think I did before, unfortunatelly I didn't keep any copies for my records).
    It was an honest mistake but now I'm afraid if the information is different I can get in trouble.
    Any advice would be appreciate

Maybe they won't care if you explain at your interview that it was with the same guy. Just tell them that you didn't fully understand when you were applying for you green card and you were thinking in terms of husbands, not acutual marriages.

I talked to a paralegal and he said that we can get a copy of the aplication for gc. Is that correct? can you do that? and if you can do it isn't like you are trying to see what you did then?
    He also told me that it wasn't something that would have been an obstacle to get my green card and therefore it shouldn't be any problem.
    I don't know what to do really....I rather keep my green card than going through that and maybe loose everything. It scares me.
    Please any advice would be appreciate.
    thanks