publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Where do I start? How do I become a resident?

I have quite a few concerns about how to become a resident of California. I moved to California January 10th 2002 and I have been studying at a Community College, in California ever since. I came to the United States by myself and I m 21 years old now. I m originally from Sweden. I have been reading several websites and try to figure out where to start. I have to admit it is not easy. Anyway, I found a website www.bcis.gov/graphics/howdoi/immvisa.htm, where it is telling me 3 steps I need to follow in order to become a resident: BCIS must approve an immigration petition, I also need to get a visa number through the State Department and thereafter I can apply to adjust to permanent resident status after a visa number becomes available to me.
    I found the closest BCIS District Office which was in Fresno. Should I somehow contact them and ask if they can send me an application? By the way I don t know which application form I m going to ask for???
    I found a phone number where I guess I can ask for sending me forms 1800 870-3676. There was also a mail address:Fresno Sub Office
    865 Fulton Mall
    Fresno, CA. 93721
    Please, help me as soon as possible!!

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have quite a few concerns about how to become a resident of California. I moved to California January 10th 2002 and I have been studying at a Community College, in California ever since. I came to the United States by myself and I m 21 years old now. I m originally from Sweden. I have been reading several websites and try to figure out where to start. I have to admit it is not easy. Anyway, I found a website www.bcis.gov/graphics/howdoi/immvisa.htm, where it is telling me 3 steps I need to follow in order to become a resident: BCIS must approve an immigration petition, I also need to get a visa number through the State Department and thereafter I can apply to adjust to permanent resident status after a visa number becomes available to me.
    I found the closest BCIS District Office which was in Fresno. Should I somehow contact them and ask if they can send me an application? By the way I don t know which application form I m going to ask for???
    I found a phone number where I guess I can ask for sending me forms 1800 870-3676. There was also a mail address:Fresno Sub Office
    865 Fulton Mall
    Fresno, CA. 93721
    Please, help me as soon as possible!!

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!

To Eve:
    You are missing main point that someone has to sponsor you first to get your petition approved. That sponsorship petition can be employment based or family based like marriage etc. Unless you have petition sponsoring you, you can not adjust your status.
    Good luck.

Eve,

I have a friend who may sponsor you. He's almost 38, about 6' 4" tall, and 300 pounds. He's bald, and doesn't shower every morning, but he has a good job. He occasionally drools while talking, but that's a birth defect, I guess.

So, if you want, I'll point him to this site, and you and he can hook up. No worries though. Every male in his family have died before they reached 40, and by the sounds of it, he's going to follow suit. His health isn't too good.

If you are in college, then you might have a student visa. Once you graduate, you get Optional Practical Training. If you find a job, then you can get an H-1B. From the H-1B, you can apply for labor certification. Once that is approved, you can file the immigrant petition.

info@myronmorales.com

Or, you can marry my ogre of a friend.