publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Embassy says' that I am not married!!!

I am a USC and my husband is from Nigeria. Our case was refered for a Review.

The embassy said that they don't believe that our marrigae is real and is returning the petition to INS for visa revoke.

They said that they investisgation came with the deterimined that our we weren't married.

We have a marriage license so I don't know what kind of prove that I can give them besides the letters, pictures, and copies of the western union.

We will be married for 2 years this coming September and is no closer to starting our lives together.

We did the I 130 in 2000, approved in April of 2001, he went to the interview in December of 2001 and back in JUly 2002 and was told that they was sending it back because they suspected fraud.

My senators called them and they told them that we weren't married and that is why they are sending it back. I went to Nigeria to get married and they have the orignal marriage license in their hands. What are the procedures once it get back to the States? Should I wait to hear from the INS here or go and get a lawyer right away?

I understands that they are doing they job, but at the same time they are making it harder for me and my husband to be together. I have minor children from a previous marriaged so I can't go there and live. Believe me I had asked my ex husband would he take the kids for a short while but he said no. And that he hopes that my current marriage fails so that we can get back together and that will never happened in my life.

I am a USC and my husband is from Nigeria. Our case was refered for a Review.

The embassy said that they don't believe that our marrigae is real and is returning the petition to INS for visa revoke.

They said that they investisgation came with the deterimined that our we weren't married.

We have a marriage license so I don't know what kind of prove that I can give them besides the letters, pictures, and copies of the western union.

We will be married for 2 years this coming September and is no closer to starting our lives together.

We did the I 130 in 2000, approved in April of 2001, he went to the interview in December of 2001 and back in JUly 2002 and was told that they was sending it back because they suspected fraud.

My senators called them and they told them that we weren't married and that is why they are sending it back. I went to Nigeria to get married and they have the orignal marriage license in their hands. What are the procedures once it get back to the States? Should I wait to hear from the INS here or go and get a lawyer right away?

I understands that they are doing they job, but at the same time they are making it harder for me and my husband to be together. I have minor children from a previous marriaged so I can't go there and live. Believe me I had asked my ex husband would he take the kids for a short while but he said no. And that he hopes that my current marriage fails so that we can get back together and that will never happened in my life.

Denice,

I think there is more to this story than you are actually telling. I do not think that the INS would just randomly decide that your marriage is a fraud without compelling evidence/reason.

I would advise you to seek the services of an experienced immigration attorney, because if what you have posted is true, then he could successfully argue your case before the INS.

If it is not true, then you have an up-hill battle ahead of you.

I wish you good luck

Paudy

Thanks, for your in put and I had found a very good attorney that is going to argue that point for me.

This is not something new for the Nigeria Embassy and they do this a lot.

I am not mad at them for doing their job but at the same time I want my husband home with me.

I just pray that it won't be much longer.

Thanks again,
    Denice