50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Illegal and getting divorce

I married my girlfriend of 2 years and actually i came here legally but i overstayed and now her familly after 6 months of marriage are telling me they dont want to see me in their familly because im black and that they dont like blacks ..It did hurt me because they made me felt like being black was wrong and i do love my wife with all my heart and now we have to divorce. Okay my question is <<Will that affect me? >>
    <<Would i be ask by the judge to state my immgration status?>>
    Anybody have any idea?

I married my girlfriend of 2 years and actually i came here legally but i overstayed and now her familly after 6 months of marriage are telling me they dont want to see me in their familly because im black and that they dont like blacks ..It did hurt me because they made me felt like being black was wrong and i do love my wife with all my heart and now we have to divorce. Okay my question is &lt;&lt;Will that affect me? &gt;&gt;
    &lt;&lt;Would i be ask by the judge to state my immgration status?&gt;&gt;
    Anybody have any idea?

sorry to hear about your situation.. however can I bring something up.. why does your wife care what her family think????? she married you because she loved you. tell her family to butt out and to respect every culture in the world. There is not only one ethnic race in this world.. there is one HUMAN RACE. talk with your wife and tell her how you feel and that you do not want a divorce becuase of this and want to work thru it.

I have actually . She's the kind of person that unfortunatly seem to care alot about what her folks say. I got involve in a fist fight with her uncle who tried to strangle me after calling me names and stuff. He's our neighbor actually and she know how i feel about her but i think she's choosing to stay with them and im not going to fight that .I love her but i dont want to get hurt in the process while loving someone.And if im not welcom in her familly i think i should as easily as i came in .She doesnt seem to know what she wants because they said to her either is them or me and i think she's chhosing them which i understand so i now want a legal separation. But can i do that while illegal or will that affect me or would i be ask to show proof of status? I dont know since i have never been divorced before.Please help me.
    I was born black ,i didnt choose and im proud to be and i swear i didnt know that people could tell you to your face (people u respect) that being black is bad, wrong and that u shouldnt part of them because of my skin colour.I didnt buy it you know.It does hurt .

I would consult a lawyer in this situation..however I do not think it will be a problem since you are "illegal" here. however the probelms is trying to get you residency here in the future.. see a lawyer.

Self petition is the answer .their is a time limit to stay married before one can self petition him/herself.