Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waivers for deportation

Sorry. One more thing.
    I know there are waivers for the three and ten year bar to admission. Does anyone know if there are waivers for the bars to admission imposed upon deportees?

Thanks again,
    juju

Sorry. One more thing.
    I know there are waivers for the three and ten year bar to admission. Does anyone know if there are waivers for the bars to admission imposed upon deportees?

Thanks again,
    juju

This whole situation is really F'ed up. I really feel for you and your pain.

Have you tried calling INS directly and finding out what you can do re: 3/10 bars, etc.

I know you thought about Canada, but since your loved one is from the middle east, what about Europe?

Just a suggestion.

All I can suggest to you is prayer and a lot of it. God has a plan for you both, either together or separately, but whatever it is, I am sure that there is so much happiness and goodness ahead for each of you. Go with your process, internally and externally and let go of the resistance.

Sometimes answers just come to you in dreams, when you wake up in the morning you find that you have a simple and workable solution.

Before you go to bed, get a relaxation tape or book and ask the question, "Lord, (or whoever your Creator) how can this situation best be resolved? " Try it each night before you go to bed and you will find your answer. I do not know if it will be an answer that you want to accept/like or not, but you will find your answer.

You have the answers and all the inner resources within you. Just give it a little quiet time.

Okay enough Mind, Body and Spirit Psychology!

Goodluck and God Bless

B,

Thank you for your words. It is good advice, and perhaps the only thing I can do right now. I'm sure that it would be easier to deal with these things with a clear head. I feel completely and utterly defeated and let down by my country. Not because I think that my fiance should go off scott-free, but because I know there are people lying to me, and I know there are things we could do if only we had the money.

I'm really trying to avoide moving to another continent, as I don't want to be so far from my family. And Europe holds no interest for me, as I would expect only more of the same attitudes that I encounter here. But... we must do what we must do, no?

JuJu I feel your pain and I will pray for you - continue being strong - u have helped a lot of us because u are always here for us - we will continue to give you our cyber support and pray for u and your mate.

I hear you about moving far away.

Well, take the quiet time. You have the answers.

Goodluck and I am sure you will keep us posted!

B

I think you have to file permission to reppaly to renter after deportation (i-212).

Best of Luck.

To Juju: Typically, a person deported is inadmissable for a period of time; it can be 5, 10 or 20 years, depending on circumstances. Before a person can be readmitted during whatever time the inadmissability was for, he must obtain permission from the Att General (via form I 212). In addition, he must also qualify for any visa applied for.
    Your husband's case may have more complications than you realize. If he used a fake ppt and/or visa, he could also be guilty of mispresentation and fraud, which would make him INELIGIBLE for a visa for the rest of his life. Note there are two different terms used; inadmissable and ineligible.
    A person deported is normally inadmissable for some amount of time; whether they are eligible or not for a visa is based on other factors (like the use of a fake ppt or visa, for example).
    In our current climate, it is very unlikely (tho not impossible) that your husband could obtain a "stay of deportation" but I doubt this would happen given the other factors I have heard so far. This is whole thing is a big big mess.

Thank you so much Guest and Misty and B and Mohammed. I really appreciate the kind words of encouragement and advice. I wish we could all do more.

I am going to try to talk to some lawyers tomorrow, but you know how they are. Some are actually very, very rude - even the ones listed on the pro bono list. I wonder why they're on it at all. But I will put up with the abuse and keep trying. It's too late anyway. His order of deportation has alreaady been served. I still would like to know why he's not eligible for voluntary departure though.

Thanks again everyone,
    juju

Hi again!!! My husband didn't use a fake passport or a fake visa, but he did have a fake stamp put in his passport, which as far as I know was considered fraud and was part of the reason for his bar from the country. To the best of my knowledge the hardship waiver will waive that as well.

I know you don't want to spend thousands of dollars on a lawyer for a small chance of success, but you may wan tto consider doing something similar to what we are doing. Find a really good lawyer, meet with that person and get their advice. Do your own filings at your own expense but consult with that person whenever you aren't sure what to do, or just before filing in order to show them the documentation. You might even be able to get a consultant type agreement with them... either way if you choose a really good (and therefore expensive) lawyer, I think it might actually be the best way to go, as you get hte best advice and the person (you) most interested in your case working on it.

Finally, if for some reason Canada is not a real possibility... then I would say take a look at countries with relatively good standards of living where you can get a decent job, but is not a common point of entrance for immigrants (I suggested Chile in an earlier post because I know south america pretty well, and chile is pretty developed they even have a TGI Friday's etc. and they have the most stable economy in south america, and you can get a good job as a teacher at an English languae school. If laws haven't changed there you would have permanent residency in two years. (you also know some Spanish don't you?)... anyway... if you decide to use chile as you back-up let me know and I can email you with some schools that you might try to apply to.)
    but there are probably countries like this on every continent (besides north america) that might be a little easier than average to get into.

But by all means try for Canada first!!!!