50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Changing GC application from Employer to Marriage

Hello, I (us citizen) just got married and found out that my wife is in the middle of Green Card Process (Employer Sponsored). It has been almost two years since she submitted the application but people said that it will be still easier/faster to get GC by Marriage.

Since she live in New York and I live in Seattle at the moment so she has to quit her job if we want to live together.

The questions I have are..
    1) Which will be faster to get GC? Is there a way to approximate her current employer sponsored GC process time somehow?
    2) If we decide to apply again as marriage statue, does she need to prepare for all Marriage base GC documents? There are several documents overlapping and I am wonder if you can reuse(?) them.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hello, I (us citizen) just got married and found out that my wife is in the middle of Green Card Process (Employer Sponsored). It has been almost two years since she submitted the application but people said that it will be still easier/faster to get GC by Marriage.

Since she live in New York and I live in Seattle at the moment so she has to quit her job if we want to live together.

The questions I have are..
    1) Which will be faster to get GC? Is there a way to approximate her current employer sponsored GC process time somehow?
    2) If we decide to apply again as marriage statue, does she need to prepare for all Marriage base GC documents? There are several documents overlapping and I am wonder if you can reuse(?) them.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Since she is already in the process I would hold off until she will get the green card through her employer. Since it's been already 2 years....might as well wait until all is set and done.

Let her go thru employer based GC. Less hassle and no money and she will get 10 years card.

As you are living in different States, it will be hard to convince USICS that it is legitimate marriage though I believe it is. She will get only 2-year card with marriage and after two years, you will have to remove condition. So it will be hassle and more money for you guys.

Suggest, continue with the current process. However, if leaving country for travel abroad, she should get advance parole.