free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: No Status...

Hi,

Ive been in the states for two and a half years now. I came here on a 10 year visa as a guest only though and I stayed here for very long as you can see. When I first came here, I was 16 years old, my uncle applied to adopt me as orphan, I know this didnt really go throuh, but I did get a working permit and a social security for working only. Now I'm 18 years old so there is now way that my uncle would be able to adopr me. On June 12th I have a first interview for my status adjustment...I dont really know what to do...What will I need to answer them? And how long will it take me from here to get my status..?

thank you

Hi,

Ive been in the states for two and a half years now. I came here on a 10 year visa as a guest only though and I stayed here for very long as you can see. When I first came here, I was 16 years old, my uncle applied to adopt me as orphan, I know this didnt really go throuh, but I did get a working permit and a social security for working only. Now I'm 18 years old so there is now way that my uncle would be able to adopr me. On June 12th I have a first interview for my status adjustment...I dont really know what to do...What will I need to answer them? And how long will it take me from here to get my status..?

thank you

Marry a USC

Good luck
    Marc

ok, can any one tell me someting besides that>

By the way I forgot to mention...On reason for appoitment it said "Application Adjustmen Status",but they erased it and put 360, could ypu pleaase tell me whats that mean?

360 is for certain benefits granted to Amerasians, Widow(er)s, battered spouses or children of U.S. citizens, or other special immigrants .
    I guess( i,m only gussing) you are under either battered spouse or children catogary OR special immigrant catogary.

THESE ARE THE PLACE WHERE TO FILE let me know where you filed or if your application was moved.
    Alien should
    Submit your filing to the BCIS Office identified with your petition category:

Self-Petitioning Spouse or Child of an Abusive U.S. Citizen: File at the Vermont Service Center
    Special Immigrant - Religious Worker: File at the Service Center with jurisdiction over the state where you will be residing.
    Widow(er): File with your I-485 at the local Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence; if you are filing without an I-485, file the petition at the Service Center with jurisdiction over your state of residence; if you are outside the U.S., and are filing without an I-485, file at the Foreign Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence.
    Special Immigrant - Military: If you are filing with an I-485, and are in the U.S., file at the local Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence; if you are filing without an I-485, and are in the U.S., file at the Service Center with jurisdiction over your place of residence; if you are filing without an I-485 and are outside the U.S., file at the Foreign Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence.
    Special Immigrant - Juvenile: File your petition with the local office with jurisdiction over your place of residence.
    Amerasian: If you are living in the U.S., file your petition with the local Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence; if you are living outside of the U.S., you can either file your petition with the Foreign Office that has jurisdiction over your current place of residence, or you can file your petition with the local Office that has jurisdiction over your intended place of residence in the U.S.
    Special Immigrant - Physician: File your petition with the Service Center with jurisdiction over your place of residence
    Special Immigrant - Panama canal: File your petition with the Service Center with jurisdiction over your place of residence.

hey thanks alot to you...I clarified it with my lawyer, and its mostly about my uncle. I will have to show up too though.

By the way, on the medical exam, do they test for illegal substances or do they just test for vacination and physical condition?