publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: HELP ME SAMMY PLEASE! (I751 FILED JOINT AND CURRENT DIVORCE PROCEEDING)

I filed a I-751 with my spouse on January of 2003, unfortunately my Service Center is Vermont which is procesing 751 from December 2001. Here is my issue, I am separated and my spiteful wife had initiated divorce proceedings here in New Jersey against me, because she did not have any ground to request a divorce now, she used EXTREME MENTAL CRUELTY, her complaint is to laugh about, she uses allegations such as "I did not cook", or "I had unhealthy attachment toward my parents because I want them to stay at home when they came to visit me rather than going to a hotel"
    She told me that if I answer her complaint she would write to Immigration and a thousand things more, I did not care what she told me and I answered, because I am not going to allow her say a bunch of lies and hurt my character with that complaint.
    There was an appearance already for the divorce matter ( I am Pro se) and I think her lawyer knows she won't succeed and get a divorce judgment because they have no base, nothing, her purpose was not getting an answer and file default judgment, but by me answering that is not happening, so I offered them to have no-fault divorce (after bein separated for 18months in NJ) or if she wants it quicker (this is what she wants, I guess because she knows it might hurt my pending 751) that I would file against her under the same ground EXTREME MENTAL CRUELTY and haver her not answer and then ask the Court for DEFAULT JUDGMENT.
    However another member of this board has suggested me that I should get the divorce before going to an interview if there is one for my 751 because I cannot appear by myself if I am in divorce proceedings, it all seems that regardless which path we take for the divorce no-fault, the current one after trial, or me filing against her, will come before an interview due to VERMONT backlog on 751.
    I would appreciate any advice in regards to my situation as to what is better me filing against her?
    if so, what are my possiblites of passing an interview if I have to go on my own?
    I will try to get affidavits from her, stating that our marriage was bonafide one, etc, before filing against her if she accepts that approach in regards to our marriage.
    If you need more information about my case just ask me, or you could email me at noni181@comcast.net

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

I filed a I-751 with my spouse on January of 2003, unfortunately my Service Center is Vermont which is procesing 751 from December 2001. Here is my issue, I am separated and my spiteful wife had initiated divorce proceedings here in New Jersey against me, because she did not have any ground to request a divorce now, she used EXTREME MENTAL CRUELTY, her complaint is to laugh about, she uses allegations such as "I did not cook", or "I had unhealthy attachment toward my parents because I want them to stay at home when they came to visit me rather than going to a hotel"
    She told me that if I answer her complaint she would write to Immigration and a thousand things more, I did not care what she told me and I answered, because I am not going to allow her say a bunch of lies and hurt my character with that complaint.
    There was an appearance already for the divorce matter ( I am Pro se) and I think her lawyer knows she won't succeed and get a divorce judgment because they have no base, nothing, her purpose was not getting an answer and file default judgment, but by me answering that is not happening, so I offered them to have no-fault divorce (after bein separated for 18months in NJ) or if she wants it quicker (this is what she wants, I guess because she knows it might hurt my pending 751) that I would file against her under the same ground EXTREME MENTAL CRUELTY and haver her not answer and then ask the Court for DEFAULT JUDGMENT.
    However another member of this board has suggested me that I should get the divorce before going to an interview if there is one for my 751 because I cannot appear by myself if I am in divorce proceedings, it all seems that regardless which path we take for the divorce no-fault, the current one after trial, or me filing against her, will come before an interview due to VERMONT backlog on 751.
    I would appreciate any advice in regards to my situation as to what is better me filing against her?
    if so, what are my possiblites of passing an interview if I have to go on my own?
    I will try to get affidavits from her, stating that our marriage was bonafide one, etc, before filing against her if she accepts that approach in regards to our marriage.
    If you need more information about my case just ask me, or you could email me at noni181@comcast.net

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP