50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: HIV Positive Illegals - please help, Mohan

Two non-English speaking people (a married couple) approached me recently for help translating certain INS forms and regulations. They are here illegally, both are HIV positive, and the parents of two USC kids. The dad needs to have his criminal record cleared, and he says he is working with an attorney to do that. I need to know if they are wasting their time and money with attorneys, and if I should tell them to forget it and go home. What I need to know, and what I suspect, is that their HIV positive diagnosis will prevent them from being allowed to stay here legally.

Two non-English speaking people (a married couple) approached me recently for help translating certain INS forms and regulations. They are here illegally, both are HIV positive, and the parents of two USC kids. The dad needs to have his criminal record cleared, and he says he is working with an attorney to do that. I need to know if they are wasting their time and money with attorneys, and if I should tell them to forget it and go home. What I need to know, and what I suspect, is that their HIV positive diagnosis will prevent them from being allowed to stay here legally.

your info is not complete. there should be a base to get legalize in US . on what base they want to get legalize?
    Read INA $ 245 for eligiblity on www.ins.gov and see the eligiblity and ineligiblity part. Also read the instructions of I-601 waiver.

thanks Mohan - the dad has an EAD and the mom has an ITIN - that's all the valid "documentation" they have - I guess dad would go from an employment perspective, and the mom from hardship? I'm very new to this issue and am not sure what to tell them, but I will take your advice and check that website. Thank you very much for your kindness and help.