free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Sammy

I am in the process of getting married and fillin all the necessary papers for adjustment of status. I know it takes 3 months to get the EAD but i need to work as soon as possible to take care of my family and my kids.
    In order to go abroad should i need to send also advance parole papers?

waiting for your answer

have a good day

I am in the process of getting married and fillin all the necessary papers for adjustment of status. I know it takes 3 months to get the EAD but i need to work as soon as possible to take care of my family and my kids.
    In order to go abroad should i need to send also advance parole papers?

waiting for your answer

have a good day

oh yes. You need to file for your advance parole. its standard. if you do not your case will be abandoned if you decide to leave the country. This is one of the easiest questions.

Yes you will need a parole to go out. But one thing at a time. PErsonally I won't send the parole papers with the AOS papers.They will think 'Hmm filing for AOS and already wants to leave'. I'll wait for the AOS then apply for AP. Just personal point of view. Sammy will be able to get you more accurate info. Good luck

Ghost you are wrong. INS is not going to think anything of it. Its actually easier to file this way. It avoids more waiting and confusion. As a matter of fact when i filed my AOS the officer handed me my AP knowing that will be taking a long time. Man people like you in this chat board feel that you have no rights. What is wrong with you foreigners need to see their families. We are close our families and ties.
    Go ahead file the AP with AOS there will NOT BE A PROBLEM.

Ok I might have been wrong my bad, no need to jump on my throat pal. I know for a fact that BCIS generally don't like people leaving (only if it's an emergency case) while you have an AOS case. Just what I was told. So don't use terms like 'Man people like you in this chat board feel that you have no rights.', it's of bad taste ,honestly no hard feelings.

When filling all the papers should i put my wife's maiden name or the name and last name after me?
    anyone know what's the total amount to be paid to INS?

First of all, USCIS knows very well that most adjustment applicants will file for advance parole, for vacation, business travel or emergencies. They will not think you want to leave (?). Secondly, as to the employment authorization, I hope that the original poster, Dejavultd, is not thinking about beginning a job without work authorization. That is because most employers have you fill out the I-9 where you indicate your ability to be lawfully employed. Unless you have an EAD, you would have to lie in order to fill out the I-9, as your choices are to indicate that (a) you're a US citizen; (b) you're a permanent resident; and (c) you're an alien lawfully authorized to work. Obviously, if you select (c) you must show your EAD. If you select (b) you must show the green card. If you select (a) you must show your social security card (without any INS notations) and another ID document. So, please, wait for the EAD. I know it's a pain, believe me. I had a job already lined up and everyday I'd hope to get my EAD appointment letter... but it's best to wait.

As to your wife's maiden name, what name is she currently using? Some women keep their maiden names, some change it to the married last name, some have both (I have both!). Ask your wife. However, please note that the G-325 and the I-485, as well as the I-765, have spaces for indicating maiden names and any other names used. You should put any other names your wife has used in these spaces.

Total fees: well, if you're filing the I-130/I-485 package:
    $130.00 for the I-130
    $110.00 for the I-131 (advance parole)
    $255.00 for the I-485
    $ 50.00 for the fingerprint fee
    $120.00 for the I-765 (employment authorization)

Thank you very much for the useful information NYCImmParalegal. Is it possible to also study when you get your conditional greencard?
    Doesn't the INS want you to go and do a check up ? Concerning the fingerprint will ins give me a date where i should go and give my fingerprint?

Yes, you can study and go to school when you have your conditional green card. Yes, you have to submit the results of a medical examination performed by a USCIS-approved physician. At my law firm, we submit the medical results at the time we file the AOS, although USCIS may ask that you have another medical exam if the processing of the case takes longer than 1 year (but this has not happened once with any of the hundreds of cases we have filed).

As for fingerprints, you will receive a notice that will advise you of the date, place and time to have your fingerprints taken.