free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: father is natural born US citizen

My father waa a soldier during vietnam war.I was 32 years old now my father and I just met last 1993 and he just filed a petition for me last yr. of NOv.Im here as nonimmigrant visa they said that I have to go back to the Philippines and waitt for 11 years for the priority date, Is there a way for me to just wait here?

My father waa a soldier during vietnam war.I was 32 years old now my father and I just met last 1993 and he just filed a petition for me last yr. of NOv.Im here as nonimmigrant visa they said that I have to go back to the Philippines and waitt for 11 years for the priority date, Is there a way for me to just wait here?

I doubt it. As an adult child of a US Citizen, the wait is very long for citizenship. A free consultation with an appropriate lawyer could uncover some other options - but not likely...

I thought a child of a natural born U.S. citizen is automatically a U.S. citizen?

If the mother is an U.S. citizen, the child is automatically as well.

If the father is an U.S. citizen, there needs to be "clear and present" evidence of a close relationship (financial support, lifelong nurturing, the registering of the child with U.S. authorities etc., some form of active acknowledgement by the father that this is his child). This has been only recently and again confirmed by the Supreme Court.

I'd imagine that DNA relationship in conjunction with the father's petition (and its pursuing) could provide the immediate evidence needed to prove the child status as an U.S. citizen.

I have all that evidence,but still they want me to wait, is there any way to make the processing shorter,what about bringing this into court.

I dont have a good vibration of my attorney, he always talk negative against my case should I change him.

Good news! You're a born U.S. citizen. Look at this INS link: http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/se...atz/faq.htm#q2

It looks like you fulfill all of the requirements (look under "through birth abroad to ONE US citizen").

As for the attorney, it wouldn't hurt to ask around. Ask other attorneys the process and paper work. Good luck.

It would be best if you can state categorically that your father is a USC since you just mention that he is a Korean veteran as there were also Filipino contingents sent on that war.If your birth registration shows your father is a US citizen, that might help a lot.However, you know that philippines,next to Mexico has the most number of immigrant applicants and practically oversubscribed and might take a while to process your case.
    If you are determine to have it expedited,well money talks.I believe Gurfinkel can help you on your case as he had handled cases something of this nature.

Thank you Bugsy! Are you Filipino? I am. I really heared about Gurfinkel but All I know that his office is in California and I am here in NY,Do you know anyone good attorney located here?