free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Mohan,,,please answer my question

Why is it so difficult to travel to the states if your an indian citizen??
    My friend is an Indian citizen and he would like to visit his sister in the US, she is a GC holder. He has been to the Embassy in Bombay and has been refused. They think that he will stay in the US, but he has no intentions. He has a job back home.
    I want to help him, but dont know what to do?
    Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Why is it so difficult to travel to the states if your an indian citizen??
    My friend is an Indian citizen and he would like to visit his sister in the US, she is a GC holder. He has been to the Embassy in Bombay and has been refused. They think that he will stay in the US, but he has no intentions. He has a job back home.
    I want to help him, but dont know what to do?
    Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Hi Mohan is out at the moment..he shud be back lil while. Im his secratery. He is sow busy.
    I will call for him asap.

GET OUT !!!

i am a born USC and most of my best friends are Indians. they are the brightest and hardest working people that I know. they are always giving to others in need whether they have it to give or not. all of the ones I know are definitely working legally and they deserve to live here. your words are opinionated from an individual because I welcome Indians to our country and besides that, notice how I could get my point across without using the foul language and not disrespecting you at the same time?

The State Department reports an inordinate amount of fraudulent documents and visa overstays originating from India. It's a classic case of one rotten apple spoiling the bushel. Anyhow, the State Department is looking for a strong demonstration of ties to India to guarantee his return. Just filling-out the application form is not enough.

ther are general unwritten rule for third world countries.
    whoever apply for visit, he should be considered that he will not come back after visit( this is the past experience US govt have).
    Visa Applicant has to prove that he will not stay in America after visit and he will come back. to prove that he should have some kind of background to show.
    For example, Properties/bussiness, Marriage and childern, may be govt job, other assets, study enrollment, sufficent funds, previously visited other countries etc, no visa petition filed on his/her behalf. Age of the visa applicant also matters. young generation is hard to get visa then the older people.

I concur posting of ""I debate the Issue".
    Not to be bragging here, I,m living example, I work 8-6 and still help who need it, spend lot of time just helping. seldom use bad language.i,m INDIAN.

You work as a bartender maybe?
    (your lang. skills won't aloud you to do something else, unless you know someone, of course)

to S]: everyone who applies for a tourist visa to the US is presumed by our laws to be an intending immigrant - the interview does not start from a neutral standpoint. It is the responsibility of the applicant to convince the consular folks that he/she will depart the US after a visit. No one else can assist in this process. NO letters of "guarantee" can be considered. No promises that the alien will depart can be considered. Letters from legislators, etc, cannot influence the decision nor "qualify" an otherwise unqualified applicant.
    Just having a job does not, by itself, automatically qualify someone for a tourist visa.
    And there are many people, not just from India, who are in the US after having overstayed, who are working illegally. It would be presumptuous to believe that there are no citizens of India working illegally in the US....
    The burden of proof is on your friend....only.