50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Some Questions If We Do k-3 Instead of k-1...Sammy HELP

My fiance' has been in Canada for a few months. He lived in NY before. He has an arrest record of misdemeanor from 1988. Someone has told him that he has to have a certificate of disposition to send in with I-130 or I-129f. All we can find documented is that he has to have a police certificate when he completes packet #3 for the interview? The second question is...if we get married in Canada it takes several weeks sometimes to get marriage certificate mailed to you. Do we have to wait on that to file with I-130 and I-129f or can we use whatever we get that day? Thanks for your help!

My fiance' has been in Canada for a few months. He lived in NY before. He has an arrest record of misdemeanor from 1988. Someone has told him that he has to have a certificate of disposition to send in with I-130 or I-129f. All we can find documented is that he has to have a police certificate when he completes packet #3 for the interview? The second question is...if we get married in Canada it takes several weeks sometimes to get marriage certificate mailed to you. Do we have to wait on that to file with I-130 and I-129f or can we use whatever we get that day? Thanks for your help!

Still, do not send them any certificates on the crime, just explain briefly in your words what happened..as for the marriage certificate, yes it is definitely needed..

I don't know why did you call-in Sammy's name for HELP when you knew that he has already left this board.

I asked for HELP and that could be from Sammy or others. I would like his opinion as well as anyone else's that has knowledge of these situations. I feel that Sammy might not have permanently left the board so I put his name there. (see his post from august 15) An opinion from Umesh, Josephine, etc. would also be VERY welcome.

Auf, thanks for your input. Of course we're looking for the fastest thing to do and were hoping we could use a certificate from the minister who performs the marriage ceremony instead of waiting on Canada to mail us something. I can't believe it takes so long!

Still Learning, how your case went with certificate from minster if you are married with yr boyfriend?

Beth,
    Things are on hold for now with us. There has been too much going on and we didn't feel like we were taking the time we needed and being able to spend the time together that we needed to make such an important decision. So the clock ticks

Thanks for asking.

If you do a K3 you might have to file a 601 waiver for the crime, depending on what it was. The person who posts with name 'lonely in usa' also has a fiance from montreal, he had a past crime, and they are going thru the 601 waiver process right now. If they make you get this waiver then they make you show extreme hardship as to why the ban shouldnt apply to you, and being he is in Canada its hard to show why you couldnt live there, since our countries are very similar in earnings, culture, language. Anyway good luck, and start researching 601's so you can be prepared.