publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Do you think is Canadian government unfair?

Sergey from Russia
    I am very sorry to disturb you with my topic, when everybody talking just about Iraq and pneumonia, but...
    I had tried to apply for permanent residence to Canada one year ago. In that time my chances were enough for successful process. But after a year Canadian government passed the new immigration law and I became a refusal, because according this law I don't have enough scores for applying. However, sorry, my missed compatriots -When I send my documents, nobody told about this draconian law. Draconian, because I don't know where they want to find young people, with academic degrees, fluent English and good French, at least 4-year job experience, invitation from employer, etc.
    Even, when I check my chances, in CIC site before 28 June, according to PROJECT of new Law -I did have 75 points! It was enough for process. But after a while, I received a letter from immigration officer with notification that I don't have enough points for application. I checked my scores again ang saw that there is a big difference even between a project and a real Law. I thought of Canada and government as a fair and honorable, and was a proud that I could try to join you but now think I was wrong. I paid a legal fee to Canadian embassy, and had the right to fair attitude, but now I think that they just stolen my money my hopes, my goal.
    If you think of me as about looser and sniveller -you are making a mistake. I am 35, electronic engineer with university degree, 8 year experience in local affiliate of American company (excuse me, there isn't any Canadian companies in our city), I have some certificates from Siemens and Discreet, etc. As you can see -I don't understand why I have got rejection of my application. I think that Canadian government just wants to earn some money, because we had paid the fee before ratification of this law. I don't understand why, Canada, the country of immigrants make such an unexplainable action and I want to tell everybody about it.
    So do you think that canadian government as unfair as any other ex-Soviet.

Sergey from Russia
    I am very sorry to disturb you with my topic, when everybody talking just about Iraq and pneumonia, but...
    I had tried to apply for permanent residence to Canada one year ago. In that time my chances were enough for successful process. But after a year Canadian government passed the new immigration law and I became a refusal, because according this law I don't have enough scores for applying. However, sorry, my missed compatriots -When I send my documents, nobody told about this draconian law. Draconian, because I don't know where they want to find young people, with academic degrees, fluent English and good French, at least 4-year job experience, invitation from employer, etc.
    Even, when I check my chances, in CIC site before 28 June, according to PROJECT of new Law -I did have 75 points! It was enough for process. But after a while, I received a letter from immigration officer with notification that I don't have enough points for application. I checked my scores again ang saw that there is a big difference even between a project and a real Law. I thought of Canada and government as a fair and honorable, and was a proud that I could try to join you but now think I was wrong. I paid a legal fee to Canadian embassy, and had the right to fair attitude, but now I think that they just stolen my money my hopes, my goal.
    If you think of me as about looser and sniveller -you are making a mistake. I am 35, electronic engineer with university degree, 8 year experience in local affiliate of American company (excuse me, there isn't any Canadian companies in our city), I have some certificates from Siemens and Discreet, etc. As you can see -I don't understand why I have got rejection of my application. I think that Canadian government just wants to earn some money, because we had paid the fee before ratification of this law. I don't understand why, Canada, the country of immigrants make such an unexplainable action and I want to tell everybody about it.
    So do you think that canadian government as unfair as any other ex-Soviet.

they are all unfair

I agree with All -they are robbers everybody

Did you try to apply to immigrate to the US ?
    With your degree and work experience you may be eligible for H1 visa.
    Many engineers from Russia and other ex-Soviet countries are working in the US.

Gee, I thought sovereign nations could make their own decisions. It is amazing how many people think a law is unfair if they could not derive a benefit from it. Canada, I believe, is a sovereign nation and is therefore able to make its rules and laws - without your 'expertise.'

Canada, albeit has its own political issues to deal with internally up there (I am Canadian seeking GC in the US because of my wife), has made it more difficult for any immigrant to get into Canada. However, you'll find that their processing times are much much faster than those down here (I have to go through Atlanta).

The score system is used to filter out those who will not be a burden on their devastated social programs. You may have a 4 year degree and that covers one out of their six required areas for SCORE, you may not have scored well eleswhere.

Just because you were denied (they process Immigration papers like the US) does not mean it is DRACONIAN tatics. Canada happens to be one of the most OPEN minded countries when it comes to Immigration.

My suggestion is to pursue it if you want to move to Canada that badly.

LAWS are in place by those we voted for. If they do not like it; next election they better have more than a 33% turnout or LUMP it.

Sergey, obviously you are not aware that there was a class-action lawsuit (for those who applied before January 2001) against the Canadian Ministry of Immigration for precisely the reason that you stated - changing the requirements in the middle of the application. The 102 plaintiffs won the lawsuit, and the court ordered the Ministry to process the applications of 102 plaintiffs based on the old rules. Now, the lawyers who represented the plaintiffs (appicants) are expanding the lawsuit (by filing a new one) to include EVERYONE who applied prior to implementation of the new rules. The sad part is that the lawyers are asking for like $1,500 from any applicant who wants to join the lawsuit. But the good news is that you do not have to join the new lawsuit to be included, since every applicant will be included automatically if the new lawsuit is successful, which it probably will be. Out of curiosity, when did you file your application and which Consulate did you submit it to?

I have a friend from Texas that moved to Northern Ontario to be with his wife and he mentioned sometime ago to me about some Immigration scam.

That does not suprise me one bit about our government. Thank goodness Chretien is finishing his term and calling it quits.

Thanks a lot to your responses. There is a good idea to apply in US, although I had thought that can try just via the DV lottery.

To USC: If you noticed I didn't talk that the government have the right to choose their citizens -I just describe that they changed that rules in the middle of the many processes.I didn't mention that they earn more than 1000$ from each family for nothing, because they just waited for a year till try to check documents and MADE decision. They even didn't try to join to my application a documents, which I send later. And if I had known about a this changes I wouldn't sent my docs at all.
    It looks like at the airplane you bought a ticket, sat at the plane, and after the plane took off a pilot announced that the prices are changed and you have to pay more.
    Concerning law firms - I don't trust them, particularly for another 1.5K. I have already had unpleasant experience.