publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How long will take to renew my SEVIS I-20???

My school was not informed on time that students have to renew old I-20 and get SEVIS I-20. So, it happend that school took I-20 (SEVIS) for all students except for me. They sent in request to proper institution (Service Center) on september of 22nd, 2003.
    How long it will take to process that request??? Then, is there any other way to check my status online if I don`t have receipt number (DSO is telling me that is classified school document?!?) ... Would you explain me those problems? .... I was in the USA (Chicago, IL) for 2 years and because they (School) did not gave me SEVIS I-20 I`m now in my native country waiting on process ending and apllying for second 2 years part of my student F visa.

Thank you!

My school was not informed on time that students have to renew old I-20 and get SEVIS I-20. So, it happend that school took I-20 (SEVIS) for all students except for me. They sent in request to proper institution (Service Center) on september of 22nd, 2003.
    How long it will take to process that request??? Then, is there any other way to check my status online if I don`t have receipt number (DSO is telling me that is classified school document?!?) ... Would you explain me those problems? .... I was in the USA (Chicago, IL) for 2 years and because they (School) did not gave me SEVIS I-20 I`m now in my native country waiting on process ending and apllying for second 2 years part of my student F visa.

Thank you!

it is strange. My International center just printed a new SEVIS I-20 for me in front of me.

Did you spend more than 5 months in your native country after you left the States? If yes, they have to issue a new I-20, not renew an old one.

it sounds really strange that you had to go home, because your school didn't issue a replacement Sevis I-20. Are you sure that's what happened?

ok ... I was 2 years in US. Then I had to travel back to my native country to take second part of two years of my student visa F1. School did not know on time that the students have to apply for SEVIS I-20 before they go back and apply for new visa. SOMEHOW I disapiered from list of students when the school filed application for the SEVIS I-20 for all students. (because school did not know anything about SEVIS thing, and most of the students was already in the native countries). So, everybody except me, received new SEVIS I-20 in native country. When I asked why my name was not on the list of students who received the SEVIS I-20, the school officials told me that they accidently forgot to put my name on the student list for a SEVIS I-20. So, they had to send in a request for a new SEVIS I-20 for me later. The request was made on September 22, 2003. How long it will take to process that request??? thaaaaank youuuuu )

Does anybody knows anything about it???