50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if I someone dont go for Special Registration?

What if I someone dont go for Special Registration? What will happen if he later files for AOS?

Is there any waiver letter that can be used? If yes then how and what?

What if I someone dont go for Special Registration? What will happen if he later files for AOS?

Is there any waiver letter that can be used? If yes then how and what?

well they said that people who fails to register will be subject to deportation...they extended the date for the registration so I think it's better to go register at least if you happen to be detained you have a chance to see a judge and discuss yr case...

Assuming that you get detained for just 1-2 days, otherwise you may wanna kiss your rear's virginity buh-bye and probably end up with some contagious disease (Hepatitis B, AIDS, etc. speaking off-hand)

Long Live Green Card!

From what I read on these threads regarding one man's detention experience I suspected something similar could have happened to the detainees in the state prison described at the end of the story - but other than that, this man does not mention any explicit homosexual incident to have happened to him during the two nights and almost three days he hanged around in three different jails/prisons.

"As it turned out, he did not go San Pedro prison as I thought, but he went to Lancaster instead. He said everything is okay with him, but everybody in his barracks was taken outside wearing only their trunks to be searched in the early morning. They did not know what the reason behind it was. He said his goodbyes and wished me luck, and I replied with the same. I managed to sleep on an empty chair for some time until my friend called to me to drive me back to LA. During our drive, I made new friends and heard about a lot of horror stories about their previous night at San Pedro Jail."

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...791#2956085791

Here it is: it has already been discussed what's like to be detained...

Some other links:

http://www.hrw.org/press98/sept/insum909.htm

"In July 1998, serious allegations were made by INS detainees who reported that correctional officers at Jackson County Correctional Facility shackled them to concrete slabs and shocked them with electrified batons. INS detainees in other Florida jails also report having suffered from mistreatment and poor conditions. The state's jails hold many long-term Cuban detainees indefinitely, and many asylum seekers appealing their cases have been held for exceptionally long periods -- as long as three or four years."

http://www.hrw.org/reports98/us-immig/

http://www.visalaw.com/01jan2/13jan201.html

You must respect the Law of the Land and register yourself. Just trust in God, may be it will be a blessing for you to get residency in future. If ever any amnesty is announced then you will have a record in the system that you are in this country (atleast from date of your registration). If you had entered with a Visa then your date will established from the date of your entry. Not registering now can be a problem in future as you will be deportable. In that case, may be you will be unable to get a waiver.
    I suggest that all non-immigrants should register.
    Good luck to everybody.

Man are raped even outside prisons, for that matter, so please do not make it appear as if by going to jail equates to being raped.

Yet, probabilities of rape are way higher inside than outside prisons.

Why are you all so pissed at Umesh, when he makes sense? It isn't his fault that people knowingly violate the law and may face consequences. That is the responsibility of the lawbreaker.