50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 pending

First time on this site, my question is, if a person is petition by their US citizen brother and the petition was sent to service center back in 1992, brother and sister do not communicate for over 15 years. There from Venuzuela, "Can the sister go to the interview without the US citizen brother?" She is 35 years old, single, no children, and entered with a B/2 Visa, he is now 59 years old, and will not speak with her. She has never been in any trouble, is currently paying for her college degree(BA)and is praying that she can go to the interview without him. Can she?

First time on this site, my question is, if a person is petition by their US citizen brother and the petition was sent to service center back in 1992, brother and sister do not communicate for over 15 years. There from Venuzuela, "Can the sister go to the interview without the US citizen brother?" She is 35 years old, single, no children, and entered with a B/2 Visa, he is now 59 years old, and will not speak with her. She has never been in any trouble, is currently paying for her college degree(BA)and is praying that she can go to the interview without him. Can she?

No accompanyment needed for adjustment interview.

Will the brother sign Affidavit of Support?

Thank you so much federale86!!! Also, Aneri, he will not sign the I-864, however she has her friend that will. Is that okay? Thank you for your assistance.

Has she been in the U.S. unlawfully?

The principal sponsor (brother) has to submit I-864. A friend can be co-sponsor if brother does not make enough..

I don't know how far the process is, but it seams to me that the brother can still withdraw or simple ignore the petition and make almost impossible for his sister to receive permanent residency.

Maybe it is a time for them to reconsile.. and not only because of this petition.